Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys im a diesel tech at planet dodge in humble texas i can give you answers or advice if i dont know i can look it up for you so pm me or for emergency situation give me a call 979 618 1144 just love my job and want to try to help
thanks
grant

·
Registered
153 Posts
Grant,
Any truth to the rumor of a June Flash for the 6.7? thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey yes it is coming man they also have a kit for 2262 turbo code

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Good to have you aboard. I am sure I will be pestering you for information.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you havin any trouble?

·
5,055 Posts
Not as of yet, but i am looking to have some more parts "fall" off the truck :thumbsup So far i love this thing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
no problems here ... there was some mention a few days ago about a June flash that might improve mileage ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea its my pleasure the ppl on this forum are great thats why i give my number good ppl and you never know im a diesel tech but i may need help from yall so ask away guys i promise to you i will get you an answer guaranteed.

·
5,055 Posts
Do you know of anyway of disabling the EGR? Also do you have any Turbo Specs?

See, ya got me started already. LOL!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh ok do you have the pto and idle up enabled on yours

·
5,055 Posts
no? I dont. Not sure the dealer around me would care to much to work on my truck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can get the specs the actuator and the valve will throw a code if unpluged and or defuel or detune the engine

·
5,055 Posts
well i have the one side unplugged already. It does throw a code but no derating. Though i am wanting to remove the cooler on the other side. It has another valve as well as the pressure sensors in the Exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
with the vgts and or vnt turbo they can see boost right off the bat thats whats so awsome but they are cut back cause of the dealer but i will get you a reading tommorow on "stock" boost

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea the cooler is a good idea just block your coolant lines off get you a blocking plate for the egr cooler in port and just block the in port of the egr valve

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the back pressure line from the manifold you can leave

·
Registered
137 Posts
thanks for offering your help, that's awesome. I'll be watching closely to see what kind of advancements you can help some of our more adventurous members make. thanks again

·
5,055 Posts
What is that back pressure line for? if its removed what could it hurt?

G

·
Hey Grant. I got kind of a simple question. I have gutted the stock intake tube, and have an afe drop in filter on order. I've read since doing this, that the baffle in the tube actually helps to get the air to the turbo correctly and that removing it could be bad. What do you say? I honestly think since I gutted it, I'm getting a little better mpg, and I hope the less restrictive filter will make it even a little better.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts