Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while hunting around for a winter tire i stumbled across Lexani Terrain beast AT tires which are both inexpensive and have a decent looking tread pattern with a good amount of siping for a AT tire. my original plan was to hope Discount tire would have a sale in October so i could get some Cooper Discoverer M + S tires on the cheap. but these Lexani tires are well within my limited budget and look like they may be pretty good.

any one tried these?

here is some pictures i found online:

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 2500 Laramie 4x4 diesel
288 Posts
Never heard of that brand.

·
Registered
2015 2500 Laramie 4x4 diesel
288 Posts
What size are your wheels? I looked at the Lexani website and the selection was not so good. I have 18's on my Laramie and there was nothing listed that I personally would be interested in. Their specification chart will show you if they have a size to fit your needs. If you do buy them let us know how you like them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size are your wheels? I looked at the Lexani website and the selection was not so good. I have 18's on my Laramie and there was nothing listed that I personally would be interested in. Their specification chart will show you if they have a size to fit your needs. If you do buy them let us know how you like them.
ive got factory 18" wheels and will be sticking with the stock tire size 275/70R18. they only offer two tires in this size, the AT tire in this thread and the LXHT-206 hwy tire.

-matt

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Find out how long it would take to obtain replacement tire if you destroy one on the road.
The major brands are probably easily obtainable.
What's the country of origin?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like almost every other tire on the road i assume these are made in china. i think the only tire ive ever used that was made in the USA was the BFG KO2 which was a good tire but was extremely expensive and didnt last long enough to justify the price.

getting a replacement tire if you destroyed one shouldnt take long considering Wal-Mart carries them.

-matt

·
Registered
255 Posts
like almost every other tire on the road i assume these are made in china. i think the only tire ive ever used that was made in the USA was the BFG KO2 which was a good tire but was extremely expensive and didnt last long enough to justify the price.

getting a replacement tire if you destroyed one shouldnt take long considering Wal-Mart carries them.

-matt
I have Milestar Patagonia ATR's on my '14 Tradesman. Ride well. Got me out of situation while pulling my camper, put in 4WD and just creeped out without spinning. Only about $160 a tire. Don't know how much life I will get out of them but we will see. Have 2K on them right now.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
There are not that many actual tire manufacturers. I'd research them and see who manufactures them for Lexani. If it's Cooper, they may be a decent tire. If it's manufactured in China, it's trash. In my experience tires are one of those things that you get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i drive 26-28k miles per year so i get to cry yearly when it comes to tires ;)

im probably going to use these Lexani AT tires this winter and finish off the Firestone's that came with the truck next year. then im going to try out one of the higher end all-season tires that actually have siping and see if i can just use one tire year round.

-matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i took the plunge and ordered a set of 275/70R18 Lexani Terrain Beast AT tires, it was $480 + $73 shipping. if they turn out to be junk then a least i wont have wasted too much money.

i wont be putting them on until next month some time but once i do ill update this thread with a bit of a first test review.

-matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive got around 11,000 miles on the Lexani tires now so I figured id give a bit of an update.

when I initially had the tires installed the shop found one of them to be out of round and I had to send it back for a replacement. this was a pain in the butt since I had to drive around on a spare tire for a week but the company did send me another tire. once the replacement tire was on I had no further problems with the tires.

as a winter tire I found these to be "ok" but not great and will use something different next winter. the tire compound is just too hard to be a good winter tire. in the snow they did "ok" as long as it wasn't icy and the tires didn't like wet smooth concrete (my dads driveway is tough when wet).

now as a spring, summer, and fall tire id say they are decent. the tires are quiet on the highway and ive never had problems stopping even when the roads are wet. they seem to be wearing well and should last at least 30,000 miles if not more assuming there isn't some other kind of failure.

if the tires end up lasting 40,000 miles or better then I will buy them again as a "all season" tire instead of a winter tire. if not, I will probably pick up some Cooper HT3's for my next non-winter tire.

-matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the tires have actually been great! they've survived lots of broken glass, nails, roofing stables, and the assorted other tire damaging things found on country roads and major highways. they are wearing pretty well aside from the outside edge where the trucks excessive toe-in has accelerated the wear. ive had no issue with balance or leaks. they currently have 27,000 miles on them and i planned to take some pictures at 30,000 which should be some time next month.

-matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Find out how long it would take to obtain replacement tire if you destroy one on the road.
The major brands are probably easily obtainable.
What's the country of origin?
South Korea.

-matt
South Korea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts