Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but not much stuff came up just wondering whats going on in the world of upgraded VGT turbos?

I still really wanna upgrade to get more boost but dont want compounds, and don't want to lose my eb for towing... I live with that thing on lol. I know glacier was talking about a wildcat but never heard anything else about it... that or throwing a HE451ve? or was it the 551VE?

·
Registered
440 Posts
glacier has some out for beta now!
looks very promising i can't wait!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Industrial Injection has had some out for a while too, but they are not on the site. You have to call.

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
I have one .... works good...

Worth the $$$ .... I dont know.....

Have the EB but wish I had the bigger single ...

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have one .... works good...

Worth the $$$ .... I dont know.....

Have the EB but wish I had the bigger single ...
how much are these new from II,if you don't mind me asking??

and how big are the stage 2's.....62mm or 64??

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Industrial Injection has had some out for a while too, but they are not on the site. You have to call.
Yeah I called them but the guy gave me the friggin run around then just tried to sell me a set of compounds, it was like pullin teeth to get him to tell me anything about it.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Exact same thing when I called! Really pushing the compounds.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah I called them but the guy gave me the friggin run around then just tried to sell me a set of compounds, it was like pullin teeth to get him to tell me anything about it.
seems like about everyone that has called them they have tried pressuring them into twins, i have heard several people say that:confused013:

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts

There phone sales people does there company no justice at all.Every time i call for what ever i will get one answer,then call back on purpose just because i was not comfortable with the answer i got from the incompetent person i spoke with and guess what happened?Yep, i got a different answer.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
This is where I am getting stuck at. I want TWINS but a bigger VGT Single would be just awesome. I guess it all depends on how much these "upgraded" VGT's cost over a set of twins. [email protected] decisions...........

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
in the end it wont be a big difference, and still with a single vgt , you will be limited, they push the twins for future upgrades, i too would like a biger vgt, but i know i wont always be happy with just that. so a bigger single will probably be the way for me. fyi , last i heard the single big vgt was around 2200-2400. twins arent far from that

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Here's the description we got on the turbos from II:

On the Stage I Hybrid, Industrial Injection is replacing the factory compressor wheel with a larger 64mm compressor wheel in order to increase top end power / boost and lower EGT's (Exhaust Gas Temperature). The Stage II Hybrid also includes a 64mm compressor wheel, but then has the addition of a larger 71mm turbine wheel to assist in lowering drive pressure, which in turn will help relieve pressure on the head gasket.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Do you guys know what the stage 1 and 2 are running for boost. I still have my stock turbo and i'm fairly happy with it. It peaks at 44PSI and holds 40PSI. My Egts top out around 1480 degress. But I lack the quick spool ,do you guys thing the stage 2 turbo has that little extra on bottom end.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
44psi? I max out at like 35 if I'm pushing her hard with smarty on 200... I thought the turbo map goes out of wack after 33 psi?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
44psi? I max out at like 35 if I'm pushing her hard with smarty on 200... I thought the turbo map goes out of wack after 33 psi?
I can hit 43-44 PSI as well - but its not efficient or beneficial to get it that high. But VGT 4 on the Smarty makes it get up there.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mine is set at 4... but im on 14me still, I wonder if I need injectors, that and everything else is set at default on SW9

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
retune your truck , try sw6, hgt4, rp and timing default or timing 1, i run 14me and love it, imabout to try 18 just to play with the timing, maybe run on timing3 with the 18 software.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts