Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Any monitors show Trans temp??? Looked at Edge and Quad

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  shonne 
#1 ·
I don't see that either Edge or Quad will show Trans Temp as a monitored item. I want to get a system that will cover all the bases and not require extra gauges mounted in the cab. I've read through both websites and Edge has the install manual online and no mention anywhere about trans temp. It sure would be nice to have that option.

Any ideas??

I emailed Quad to ask about it and never heard back

#3 ·
Well, I went and looked at Edge website. They will monitor it for an 06 with 5.9

Looks like I'm hosed with the 04

#4 ·
time to upgrade years :confused013: I thak that 06 was year that the edge has a lot of different things to moniter.

#5 ·
Yep, you get turbo timer and code clearing too. Guess I'll just work with what I got. No more weight than I tow I guess I'm ok without trans temp. Just have 18' steel trailer and a Jeep

#6 ·
My old Quad Commander measures trans temp.

Parameters Monitored: EGT, Boost, Transmission/Oil Temperature, Engine Coolant Temperature, Injection Pressure, Fuel Pressure (0-100psi) RPM

#7 · (Edited)
yes it will

#8 ·
Yep, looks like the 06 started getting the goodies.

Just wish they would offer it as an add-on. You could add the temp probe and wire it to the unit. Like what they do for the EGT input

#16 ·
have you dropped Edge a email or call them? I am also intrested in this as i just bought a edge J-w/A.
here is one possiblity since it reads engine temp, could that pick up be used for trans temp??
I already have a engine temp on the dash..
huh huh.. let me know if you find out if not i'll be calling them toooo, but when i am ready to install.

#10 ·
It depends on the year, my 01 I had edge j/a and it had turbo timer and trans temp, my 06 did as well, my dads does not have the trans temp but does have the trubo timer, you could get the edge and get a tranny gauge, the make a pillar mount that holds the edge and one gauge.

#12 ·
the bully dog pmt does. I have it and it is pretty sweet.
Not on an 04 it doesn't.

About the only thing I know of is our old Commander, if you can find one in stock!

It will do egt, boost, coolant and trans temp. You can also get the FP kit which will do Rail Pressure and Fuel Pressure if you want?

If you have a hard time finding one from a dealer send me a pm and I can hook you up.

#15 ·
my banks does..the tuner sucks, but using banks with the PDA stacked with smarty allows me to monitor everything with no gauges needed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.