Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2004 dodge cummins with the 235hp motor are here any easy mods i can do to gain power. A friend of mine has a 02 ford powerstroke and he has done all kinds of stuff like increasing resisters changing out high pressure lines etc..

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Easiest thing to do is add a programmer or a hp box of some kind. They will give you a good boost in HP and some, like the Smarty will give you a boost in mileage--if you can keep your foot out of it.

But as always you need some gauges, at least an EGT to make sure your not pushing it too hard.

Randy

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
id start with intake and exhaust mods to get it breathing and sounding good then get some guages and a chip. a smarty jr. would probably be the safest with a stock tranny

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
id start with intake and exhaust mods to get it breathing and sounding good then get some guages and a chip. a smarty jr. would probably be the safest with a stock tranny
:agree2: Yeah that is about what I was gonna say.

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
if you have an auto trans i would start there....build a good stout trans to hold any power you put to it :thumbsup

·
Registered
235 Posts
Personally, Id start with the gauges so you can see the difference when you start making additional mods as to what works and what doesnt.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
get rid of that junk stock lift pump.run a hpfp150 from FASS.day and night difference. that is the weakest link. can not stress gauges enough.there are alot of manufactures out there that make some nice turbos. nothing like having a "set -a- twins" have fun !!!!!!!:thumbsup:peelout:beer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts