Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beerhey i gotta 500head dairy /2700 crop farm in western ny jw how many other farm boys/gals there r out there

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, I feel a tad small here. LOL Milking around 40, probably 200 acres of actual field and pasture. Only a small family farm, average size for the area.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha well we had to get big to stay in business unfortunatly the small farms are disapering

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Wow, in my area 500 cows is about as small of a farm as you'll see

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea wer runnin outta ground round here

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still usin all american workers though we kinda hate to put a devoted employee outta job just to save a few bucks

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
I sorta grew up on a 350 cow dairy but we no longer milk cows. Now the place is up for sale.

·
Registered
182 Posts
we got about 125 beef cows and a few bull. i dont think i could handle any more, they can tear the fences down quicker than i can build it

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sorta grew up on a 350 cow dairy but we no longer milk cows. Now the place is up for sale.
thats a shame its gettin harder and harder to make it go in this business but its in the blood lol i couldnt do anythin else

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
thats a shame its gettin harder and harder to make it go in this business but its in the blood lol i couldnt do anythin else
You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm outta the boy:thumbsup

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what color r yall runnin personly i bleed green

·
Registered
114 Posts
we have a dairy and milking around 350 plans are to go to around 500 thats as big as we can go due to not got room

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
runnin into the same prob...... the nearest city is creepin in so land is at a premium

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Ya man thats awesome. We bleed green round here too. Although we've had a couple of Duetz's over the years as well

·
Red Line Diesel Performan
179 Posts
:beerhey i gotta 500head dairy /2700 crop farm in western ny jw how many other farm boys/gals there r out there
we till about 3000 acres and have beef cows and pigs

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya man thats awesome. We bleed green round here too. Although we've had a couple of Duetz's over the years as well
we havin 2 trojan loaders so personly im not huge on the air cooled diesels lol best to stick w the right color green:lol3:

·
Registered
491 Posts
1900 acre ranch with 900 head of cattle

1 - 20 of 119 Posts