Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2014 6.7, tuned, Fass fueled
Hey yall brand new to the site here. Bought my truck two years ago and have been doing reg maintenance on her and she’s been running lately 100% better than when I first got my hands on it. Yesterday I put a bit of hotshot extreme in the tank, got a phone call/was in a rush and I think I went about starting the truck too soon after the fuel additive. It turned over and shut off after about 3 seconds of idle. Started right back up and ran the entire rest of the night. It just started getting warm around my area about 85-90 degrees the last two weeks and the truck has been starting a bit harder it seems like even after letting the filters get their prime. Should I be concerned about that start up and shut down? Thanks again fellas.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Filters should stay primed. Additive isn’t gonna cause any problems unless it just additive and no diesel. If you poured in in the tank, the additive never made it to the engine in 3 seconds.
Yea I got that I didn’t think it was strictly the hotshot, the additive was just the only thing I did different yesterday in comparison to the last two weeks with the same weather conditions. Was lookin for some advice as to whether it could be a combination of things, compression/turbo issue or something someone’s experienced before. The truck has 99k on it so I want to address issues from all possible angles here. Thanks for ruling out the additive.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Typically on these newer trucks, they will tell you when they're unhappy and doing things like shutting down on their own by throwing a code or 2. Do you have a check engine light lit or are you getting and messages on the gauge cluster at start up?

Reactions: PSI or die

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Typically on these newer trucks, they will tell you when they're unhappy and doing things like shutting down on their own by throwing a code or 2. Do you have a check engine light lit or are you getting and messages on the gauge cluster at start up?
No I have not, no codes or messages. I did reroute the intake tubing recently and today I found the clamp to have shoved the tubing back out, secured it permanently after adjusting the sleeve to the turbo inlet. Still not sure if that would cause what I experienced but the truck was running great today after work and there was no weird idle or anything. I’m starting to think that there was a huge air bubble in my fuel line or something and it was a one off deal. Hell.. I’m stumped haha.

· Registered
1,812 Posts
Continue to monitor and report back if it persists.

· Registered
4,954 Posts
I’ve never in several diesels and at least 500k miles had an air bubble show up randomly when the fuel system hasn’t just been opened up.
However an electrical glitch or something is possible. Even as simple as walking away with a smart fob in your pocket.
IMO there’s a 99% chance you’re worried about nothing. And it had nothing to do with a fuel additive.
Rock on and don’t worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.