Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hows it going guys?well i was about to buy a 5" MBRP and then i found out that the elbow was 4"..so meaning it goes from 4" to a 5"..is there any manufacturer's that make a 5" all the way from the turbo back?any information would be great

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
What's the point? Don't quote me, but if you '04 has the stock turbo, it's only a 3.5" outlet anyhow. If it's a '04.5 model, the outlet is 4". So it's not gona gain you any to be 5" from the turbo outlet.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
What's the point? If you '04 has the stock turbo, it's only a 3.5" outlet anyhow. If it's a '04.5 model, the outlet is 4". So it's not gona gain you any to be 5" from the turbo outlet.
Not unless you get a outlet elbow off from a 04.5 or newer.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That's news to me. Huh. I was under the impression that the '04.5 is when they went to the 4" over the '03-'04s 3.5"? Learn something new!

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
That's news to me. Huh. I was under the impression that the '04.5 is when they went to the 4" over the '03-'04s 3.5"? Learn something new!
Yes, in 04.5 they went to 4" turbo back but you can take the cast elbow and mount it on the earlier turbos and get away with it from what I've heard.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yeah but the turbo outlet is still only 4". Right?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to go to a 64mm turbo or a 71mm.im getting my truck done at Browns Diesel,he can make a elbow for me,though i wanted to know who makes one from the Manufacturer!looking for 900 hp range..Brown has 1289 hp out of his 03 quadcab

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That's my point. Your outlet is still only 4". It's still choked through the 4" before it goes into the 5".

Nevermind. :thud:

Sorry we hijacked your thread.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
That's my point. Your outlet is still only 4". It's still choked through the 4" before it goes into the 5".

Nevermind.

Sorry we hijacked your thread.
:agree2: Sorry:sad2

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its all good,always good to know!!though does anybody know any tips or something that i can get a bracket/elbow/downpipe thats 5" from the 64mm turbo back?i know Richard Brown can do it for me,though i would like to get one thats already made!!i talked to Kyle and he said that the MBRP is 4" from the downpipe and then goes to a 5",i would prefer a 5" all teh way

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
its all good,always good to know!!though does anybody know any tips or something that i can get a bracket/elbow/downpipe thats 5" from the 64mm turbo back?i know Richard Brown can do it for me,though i would like to get one thats already made!!i talked to Kyle and he said that the MBRP is 4" from the downpipe and then goes to a 5",i would prefer a 5" all teh way
You can buy 5" DP's and swap it in place of the 4" one.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good idea..let me see what Brown is going is wanting to do to it then from there we will see.thanks for the help though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts