Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ram 2500 5.9 and the antitheft light comes on then starts blinking. The truck will crank but won’t start. Everything is good on the mechanical side so I believe it was an electrical problem. The tipm was replaced and ecm was replaced also. They were both programmed. I finally I took it into a shop and they said it was the ecm again but I do not want to spend $1k for a new ecm if it’s not needed. I will try anything before I go buy one. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I’m not mistaken on the chipped keys there is a “pin” number of something of the sorts that has to be programmed and the number can only be obtained from the dealer. I had a crank but no start issue and it was mentioned that could possibly be a problem. I wish I had more information on it to give you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I’m not mistaken on the chipped keys there is a “pin” number of something of the sorts that has to be programmed and the number can only be obtained from the dealer. I had a crank but no start issue and it was mentioned that could possibly be a problem. I wish I had more information on it to give you.
I’m assuming the pin to program is for when you reprogram a no key. That probably what I’ll try next since idk what else to throw at it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What codes is it throwing ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, bricked ECM /cluster , cant just swap ECM or cluster if truck has SKIM.
So I got it running! I called a locksmith to make and program me a new key and it started right up he said he knows how to unblock the computers since he’s done it a lot saved me so much money

·
Trying to learn
5,595 Posts
Good to hear. TY for posting the fix.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I’m sure that’s a huge relief. Happy for ya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts