Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just want to ask a question about anti slip i thought i had a posi on my truck but when i read my codes in my dash it didnt say anything and i jacked the rear end up when i turn the tire the other goes opposite direction just wanted to make sure that was the way to find out if i have a one wheel wonder

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the spec info is on a sticker in the clove box

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread but did they move the location on this "spec sticker" on 06? Theres no stickers in or around my glovebox and im curious on gears and what not. Hope some punk didnt remove it for no reason :rake:

·
Registered
387 Posts
hey just want to ask a question about anti slip i thought i had a posi on my truck but when i read my codes in my dash it didnt say anything and i jacked the rear end up when i turn the tire the other goes opposite direction just wanted to make sure that was the way to find out if i have a one wheel wonder
Yup, that's the way you check for one. My new to me '04.5 does not have a LS diff, it's not on the sticker and both tires spin in different/opposite directions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
im not sure on 06, i have an 04.5 and thats where mine is

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
This won't prove it is a limited slip with the torsen style used in the 3 gen trucks. In general both should turn the same direction but it can be fooled as it doesn't have the clutch packs like the older diffs. The only real ways to check are the build sheet or pull the cover and see if you have one that looks like the picture below.

·
Premium Member
15,666 Posts
Yup, that's the way you check for one. My new to me '04.5 does not have a LS diff, it's not on the sticker and both tires spin in different/opposite directions.
Nope, doesn't work like that on the LS's and most of the CR's don't have a sticker in the glove box.

For the most part, the only time a sticker was used in the glove box is when the truck came with non-standard equipment or was changed by the dealer, and that was not a given

Only way to tell is pull the diff cover and see what you have in there. Even a build sheet may not reflect what has been done

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
15,666 Posts
I thought my 3500 had an open diff based on the "spin the rear wheel" test. But by entering my VIN I determined otherwise.
..and oyu still don't know bercuase that is only looking at build not what has been done unless you bought it new.

Easiest way to tell... How many burnout marks does your truck make?
Nope, these types of LS's will elave one wheel marks all the time, and an open diff can be made to spin both tires undeer the right circumstances.

Easiest and most comprehensive way to tell, change the diff fluid and look when you pull the cover.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nope, these types of LS's will elave one wheel marks all the time, and an open diff can be made to spin both tires undeer the right circumstances.

Easiest and most comprehensive way to tell, change the diff fluid and look when you pull the cover.
Every burn out mark I've ever made has two marks. And I have an LS. How do I know I have one? I rebuilt it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lets say my anti slip worn out what would i need to replace to fix it

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
If it wears out, Im going to swap it for a Detroit or something. When I am on dirt or sand it will not use both wheels. On occasion I have gotten lucky by doing the parking brake trick and it decided to turn both but Ive been stuck in the sand way too many times. Mine also leaves two black marks every time, just a one wheel peeler off road.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
lets say my anti slip worn out what would i need to replace to fix it
The AAM limited slip is not rebuildable. Replace it with a Detroit Truetrac, Detroit Locker or ARB Air locker. Not much difference in cost and they are all much better units than the AAM unit. Torque Bias ratio on the AAM unit is 2:1 while the Truetrac is 3.5 to one so it will be much less likely to be a one wheel wonder.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That link is pretty cool. Too bad it's not free. Looks like u have to buy at least 5 vin decodes... Anybody got an extra?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.