Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at a 2001 quad cab long box, 4x4, auto.

Mileage - 240,000
Exterior condition mint, interior condition mint except a minor 2" tear in the outside seam of the seat.

The bad of it is the 240,000 miles.
The good of it - motor was replaced @ 200,000 miles. Motor was out of a totaled truck with 25,000 miles on it. This means the motor only has 65,000 miles.

They are willing to give it for $8200.00.

What do you guys think????

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to the top. no one has an opinion on this. :doh:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
thats kind of tough...it being hooked to the fiver makes me think that most of those miles were pulling.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
and even though it has a new motor...the trans and everythign else about the truck (suspension) have been under stress from towing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
:ditto: and we cant tell a thing about it without driving it..... sometimes the best looking rig will drive like JUNK and the sorriest hunk of crap you've ever seen will drive like a dream.

go test drive it, look it over with a fine tooth comb, then make your decision, thats not a bad price if its a good truck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2nd owner purchased the truck with just under 200 k on it. They use it for pulling horse trailer. That is why I question the drive train components. I do like that it is in good condition, but the high miles are hindering my decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts