Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, but I wanted to get some "new" opinions here as I really cannot seem to search my exact situation.
My 1997 intermittent wiper settings are not working. I have consistent high and low settings that work just fine. I have replaced the intermittent control module and checked all grounds and connections (including fuses) and cannot seam to find any issues. I am assuming that since the wiper motor operates on high and low settings as it is supposed to that the motor is good. Is this a switch on the column issue in your opinion? I have no problem replacing the switch cluster but if there is something else that is a potential cause I would prefer to exhaust those avenues first. What do you'all think?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Did you find a new intermittent control module? When I had my last second gen, about five years ago, the intermittent went out and all I could find were used modules. Mine ended up having a bad solder joint in the module, I re-soldered it and everything was fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I went to a pic a part and found 3 used modules. So I tried 4 used modules and the wiper control action did not change. Continued to act the same. Figured the odds of 4 modules all being bad were pretty slim so was looking at other avenues. I went ahead and ordered a new switch so when it gets here I will install it and keep my fingers crossed. Will update.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I would think 1 out of the 4 would be good also. Hope your right and it is the switch, living the PNW it rains alot and I hate not having intermittent wipers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts