Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting on my Htt stage 4 upgrade today and got the backing plate mounted, got the commpressor wheel torqued down. I was putting compressor housing on and had the clamp almost tight. I tried to spin the wheel and no turn. Loosened up the housing and took it off spins nice. Set housing on and held with my hand and wheel is hitting housing. Turbo is tight no in and out play. I don't know if they sent me the wrong parts or missboxed or what... I can't get a break on this " easy " upgrade. Any Ideas guys???? What do you think??? Will have to call High tech monday. :kill::S::ah::RANTIN:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update
I called and got through on a Saturday, no less, and they said to ship it back. They think the housing has not been machined correctly. The compressor wheel is hitting the back of the housing. Its a good thing that I checked it before I started it. Could have filled my engine full of aluminum if she started chewing.

·
1ST GEN
15,574 Posts
Glad they are going to do something. The bad part is now you have to wait for the turn around time of you shipping to them and waiting for them to ship back.

I know I wasn't happy on my HX40 order. I called and was told they had 3 on the self. It took 2 weeks for it to hit my door step. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts