Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my delete kit with the smarty jr. I have not had time to install the delete pipe or egr delete kit but I wanted to adjust the speedo with the smarty.

When I ordered my kit from James at RSD, he said the smarty has had the "me" already installed on it.

So....I installed the smarty into my ECM and put it on the 0-standard that way I can adjust my tire size.

Question: Will that cause my truck not to go into regeneration, or is it the same as stock?

What setting stops the regen process?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I just got my delete kit with the smarty jr. I have not had time to install the delete pipe or egr delete kit but I wanted to adjust the speedo with the smarty.

When I ordered my kit from James at RSD, he said the smarty has had the "me" already installed on it.

So....I installed the smarty into my ECM and put it on the 0-standard that way I can adjust my tire size.

Question: Will that cause my truck not to go into regeneration, or is it the same as stock?

What setting stops the regen process?

Thanks in advance
Level -0 is Standard has not added power but will keep codes from coming on. X = Stock... and it will set the ECM as smarty is not on the truck back to a factory setting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So....do I need to take it back to the x-stock setting since i havent deleted my dpf yet?? I am out of town right now and dont want my dpf plugging up and leave me on the side of the road.

What setting shuts down the regeneration process?

·
Registered
520 Posts
If you still have your DPF installed, you will NOT want to run on 0-standard (if you have the ME software installed on the Smarty) as it will turn off regeneration.

Put the "S" software back on the Smarty, and load that on your truck until you remove your DPF.
All the settings on the Smarty (with ME software installed) will turn off regeneration, except for X-stock of course.

Otherwise you could get some serious back-pressure issues if/when your DPF plugs up.

Scott.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahab, thanks....thats excately what i needed to know. I will go out right now and put it back to "x-stock"

·
Registered
520 Posts
That is my only Smarty complaint - it is not the most intuitive, as far as settings and ME and S software, etc.
It was a little confusing the first time I used it too.

Scott.

Reactions: djs556

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So all settings on the smarty will turn off the regen process besides the "X-stock", right?

I just put my setting back to stock until I can get home and instal the deletes..

Thanks again for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts