Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealership yesterday for a few items, one of them being exhaust fumes circulating into the cabin everytime regeneration kicks in. Dealership called Dodge and they said they are aware of the problem, but there is no current fix for it. So in the mean time I have exhaust smell and carbon monoxide (yes, I checked with my meter) until they figure out what the heck they are doing with this. Hopefully dpf shows up next week so no more regen or egr.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
That does not sound good! Is this happening with all 6.7 trucks? Where is the exhaust leak? Under the hood? Sounds like it would have to be leaking from the egr system for gasses to get in to the cab. Let us know what Dodge is doing to fix this please!

·
Registered
30 Posts
When new, my truck had a bad flange on the EGR tube. I was getting a strong diesel smell in the cab, and was getting soot in the engine compartment at the leak. The dealer first tryed replacing the gasket, which lasted a day, then they replaced the tube. All well since July. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I can smell it bad. I never thought of the CM detector. What level is it at? If one wanted out of their truck that would be the way out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts