Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had been running on borrowed time, pushing the limits of my factory head gasket with as far as I know 318k on it. As expected, it blew. So..... P pump!

180 pump, 191 laser cut Haisley DV's, 4k GSK, thinking around 20-21* of timing (up for debate), .093 Schied Injector Lines, adjustable overflow, has bigger injectors (just not exactly sure what they are, will be next on the list to replace), have s480 for a twin set up, umm yeah plus all the stuff in my signature...

Took me about 2 months to put the parts together, so it has been killing me not having my truck.

And go with the advice, questions, and opinions...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, yeah and a #0 Fuel Plate...

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
You gonna need a different turbo for the secondary, the hybrid will not cut it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't thought about a cam yet. I got the 480 real cheap, not sure how long it will take me to sort out the twins set up...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is finished! Drove her for the first time in 6 months today. Got the swap done, went through 2 sets of injectors (ended up with F1 Mach 7's), found out the turbo I had was for a JD Tractor (went to a Silver 64mm Phatshaft), got it all together and my 53block cracked.... Tore it down and started over! New block, crank, rod, pistons. Lots of time and energy, but here we are on the other side with a running truck! Now 500 miles of break in, an oil change, and we can see what this new set up is all about!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wait, so after you put it back together the block cracked? Then you did it all over again? That SUCKS! Glad it's running now! I have a kinda similar setup, all in my Sig, I think I could use more timing, but it starts easy and is a little easier on parts at 18* imho. I have more than enough power at 18* so I'm leaving it there for now.

Grey

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait, so after you put it back together the block cracked? Then you did it all over again? That SUCKS! Glad it's running now! I have a kinda similar setup, all in my Sig, I think I could use more timing, but it starts easy and is a little easier on parts at 18* imho. I have more than enough power at 18* so I'm leaving it there for now.

Grey
That is correct! It sucks, but I got to do a complete build. At least that is my "glass is half full" approach.

I am still breaking the motor in, got about 200 miles to go still. I am at 16.5 degrees timing, fires right up but I think I need a little more. We shall see...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated Signature as some things have changed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts