Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

another one bites the dust.. (vp44)

597 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  CATSTACKS
So I'm pretty sure my VP44 is toast, and I'm looking for a new pump..

What are my options for a new pump? Thinking about doing a p-pump, but I'm not sure..
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
363 Posts
p-pump and never look back IMO...your vp typically is gonna be done by another 100k and there goes another grand out the window... you can get p-pumps fairly cheap if you know where to look aka scrapyard, school buses etc... and steal the timing gearcase off the same engine... by the end of the conversion is should boil down to the injection lines being the most expensive parts...

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice..

What about the ECM, what do I need to do with that, get a 12v one?

· Registered
363 Posts
unless you have an auto theres no need for it.. you can take your gauge cluster out and put a piece of plate and some autometer gauges in it ...looks badass imo... only thing youll be needing an ecm for is to kick your ac compressor on and off lol and im in texas... dodges already dont have good ac and we like the winders down in the summer anyhow...

do something like this!!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BHd83V4ln48/RiayDeo2AII/AAAAAAAAAF0/lE1Yv2fV36c/s400/PICT0356.JPG

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that does look cool but not for me.. Its a dd..

And I like ac too.

· Registered
363 Posts
haha well just look around in the p-pump section.. i recommend it and so would anyone else that did it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.