Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the diesel world having just purchased my first diesel truck on 04/18. I am going to switch over to all amsoil, front and rear diff,transfer case,manual transmission and engine oil. I will also be putting in the oil by system. I have a few Amsoil dealers in my area, none that I have done any business with, so I would just like to know what oil I should use in each place just in case the person I go to is not the sharpest tool in the shed. The truck has 26000 miles on it. I will towing between 13000 and 15000 total weight 1 or 2 times a month. Not sure yet if has limited slip. So far I can say.... I dont think I will ever by a gas truck again!!! Thanks again, and thanks to all the great info on this site as I have spent a great deal of time reading old posts. GSHARK. :thumbsup

·
Banned
393 Posts
Go to search forums...and check out the Amsoil sponsor...he is very knowledgable. He can help you out with all your needs. Congrats on the truck, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
For engine oil your choice is 15w40 or the higher priced 5w30 HDD. For the 6 speed, G56 trans it takes ATF+4 trans fluid just like the transfer case and power steering unit use. For the Diff’s you can use either Sever Gear 75/90 or being you tow you could go with the new Sever Gear 75/110.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts