Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to the position where I can order the truck I've always wanted. Air Force, set to retire next year!!!

Lots of waiting and research and finally ordered today.

Wanted to find one on a lot somewhere but everything I could find didn't have the configuration I wanted...so I ordered her

Went back and forth about white or granite crystal, and landed on the granite with the night edition.

Super excited to get a mega cab. I'm 6'8" and my kids are tall as well, so makes sense.

I have a 16 Hemi and love it, but starting to tow quite a bit more and it doesn't do well in the hills and canyons of Utah.

We regularly pull a boat and snowmobile trailer so the Cummins should be a fantastic upgrade, especially with the ram air system.

How bad are the stock tires?

Build sheet below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
10,863 Posts
Seems like a good build, its surprisingly hard to find these trucks with the air level on them. Most dealers try to sell people aftermarket add ons and make more money then the factory set up costs.

Nearly forgot, congrats!

Congratulation GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I'm excited about it all but the air system I'm really excited about, lol

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
743 Posts
Congrats.

The factory Firestone Transforce tires are not well regarded. I replaced them at under 500 miles and flipped them on FB for $500. Flipped the spare for another $50.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll put some more BFG KO2's on my Hemi and then switch them out, lol

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll put some more BFG KO2's on my Hemi and then switch them out, lol
I think you're going to find KO2's and Cummins don't play well.

The last two sets I had on my 04.5 were junk. Maybe others have better luck with them but I think the quality has gone down.

Been happy so far with the Falken Wildpeak tires. There are several good alternatives to the BFG's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, thanks. I'll look into other options. I loved those tires for my hemi

·
Registered
94 Posts
You forgot the sunroof!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wonder how long it will delay mine since a sunroof is on restriction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya I read the same thing, but didn't want to spread unconfirmed rumors.

·
Registered
'18 G56 CCSB
296 Posts
Congrats on the truck & retirement! Good color choice, too ;)

I've got a set of WildPeaks on some chrome BigHorn 20s from my 2018 (also granite crystal), if you're interested. Two each at 8 & 12/32s tread remaining (previous owner pulled livestock or hay & apparently wasn't as on top of rotating as I am, though each is worn evenly).

I liked the Falkens alright (the newer A/T3Ws are much better than their original compound), and they're snowflake rated. I just ended up buying some 35" Yokohamas & 18s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the night edition so no need for rims, but I'll look at those tires, thx

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Congrats on your MC, I’ve had two and would never go back to a CC or any other.

Reactions: PennyLogic

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think you're going to find KO2's and Cummins don't play well.

The last two sets I had on my 04.5 were junk. Maybe others have better luck with them but I think the quality has gone down.

Been happy so far with the Falken Wildpeak tires. There are several good alternatives to the BFG's.
Can I ask if the KO2’s you had were the new compound for HD trucks?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Can I ask if the KO2’s you had were the new compound for HD trucks?
They were E-rated tires but I'm not sure what "new compound for HD trucks" might be.

The last set I bought was July 2016.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They were E-rated tires but I'm not sure what "new compound for HD trucks" might be.

The last set I bought was July 2016.
I was at my local Costco getting tires rotated because I was to lazy to do it myself. And in my conversation with the manager he said they have a new set of KO2’s for HD trucks since the HD’s eat KO2’s alive. They even have a 50 k mileage warranty. I asked if he was sure and said yep they have two different sku he gave me a manufacture number 29598. Maybe he was just blowing smoke.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts