Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get rid of the emission crap NOW. I am pulling this from Houston to Dallas. Going up a descent hill BAM......... truck decided to hit a regen or what not. All of a sudden feels like I got a locomotive behind the truck. I struggle to do 45 mph while I look for a paper bag to put over my head in shame. I don't believe I even had a regen on my 3500 or if I did it never felt like this.

60' Aerial Boom

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Did it clean itself out successfully? I always hear guys talking about how you have to "drive it like you stole it" and "you gotta work the 6.7" and "it ain't no grocery getter" but it looks like you give all your trucks a good workout!

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
That would tick me off. I would think that could be a bit of a saftey issue as well.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
What is one of those things? 20+k or so?

Oddly a lot of people think they have more power in regen mode, might be a c/c thing as they are a bit different than the p/u trucks in terms of regen cycles.

BTW J, didn't you mention pulling something similar over the grapevine at 20mph with the 3500?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
nice load, dump the DPF and you will be good!

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
Did the power come back soon after? If not maybe you popped off a intake boot? :confused013: I would definetly ditch the DPF & EGR pronto if it where me. My 5500 was bought to make me money and I removed my "stuff" before I ever drove it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hope you get it sorted out before you drive to Alberta!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts