Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have a 04.5 325/600 motor? The sticker is missing on the valve cover, and I can't see a red or silver plate anywhere.
Where is the plate located?

VIN# 3D7LU38CX4G194383
Build date: 2/04
Coolant tank is on the firewall.

I want to get some parts but need to know what motor I have before I buy the wrong thing.
I am still waiting on dodge to get back to me and i dont have a dealer very close to me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pop the hood again and see if you have an electronically controlled wastegate on the turbo (look for wires). If you do it's an 04.5
Good Call! :doh:
I will take a look when I get home at lunch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told anything 1/1/04 and later is an 04.5
Thats what I thought too but I have heard different things now that I have been looking.
I am just confused now. :confused013:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here are some pics. I dont see any wires or a waste gate?

·
Bangin' through the gears
5,007 Posts
Here are some pics. I dont see any wires or a waste gate?

In your first pic that white sticker on the turbo right next to the block marks the location of the electronic wastegate actuator (I believe that is the correct terminology).
Edit: or not I just looked at some pics and that looks like the wastegate not the actuator.

why don't you look on the valve cover and see what the horsepower rating is?
He said its not on his valve cover.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, so it is tucked behind the turbo, between the block and turbo?
Dang, I was hoping for the 04.5 like my old truck.

·
5,007 Posts
Looks like it's a couple inches away from the compressor outlet. Probably see it from under the fenderwell. I took some pictures of mine, but I can't figure out how to get them from my phone to photobucket? Tried mobile upload and sending in an email.

·
Registered
498 Posts
look at the fan shroud, if it says "caution fan" and only connected to rad it's an 04. 04.5 has nothing on it, is 2-piece and bolted to block.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look at the fan shroud, if it says "caution fan" and only connected to rad it's an 04. 04.5 has nothing on it, is 2-piece and bolted to block.
I will look at the shroud when I get home.

does the truck have a catalytic converter on it? does it have a 3.5" or 4" elbow on the turbo
It does have a CAT. I dont know about the elbow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Will help with the elbow question?

·
5,007 Posts
Here ya go. If yours is an 04 you won't have that black cylinder with the wires coming out of it. You should be able to look at that pic to figure out the location of the wastegate and the actuator.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts