Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night my buddy from colorado is in town and he has an 03 4x4 qc cummins its the fastest truck i have ever drove it runs mid 12s in the quarter. Anyways we decide to go out to the town to meet up with some other diesel guys and maybe race. Well we park in a Walmart and are just sitting there talking. Well these girls walk out and he fires up his truck and i start up mine he starts blowing smoke and i just rev wishing i could. Well the girls look, but walk in. The guys i guess hear us and they start walking over. One of the dudes just looks like he got out of a rodeo and steer rastlin the other dude just looks big and mean. We figured they were going to come over and start some crap cause those were their women.

Anyways the guy comes over says nice trucks then begans the worse ever lie in the history of diesels.
We ask where is his truck and we want to race, i could just see the gears turning in his cowboy hat trying to think of something cool. So hear it goes:
"I wont get my truck tell this summer. Its a 08 dodge body on a 98 frame, with 2 tst chips stacked, a shot of 400 shot nitrous, and it runs on jet fuel. But i will run it on regular diesel so you have a chance" We both looked at him and said ok we will race ya.

Then the tool points at my buddys Garmin and says "WOAH what kind of chip is that" My buddy says its a Garmin GPS then he asked "How much power does it give you" We just laughed and said we had to go. I couldnt believe it we just got bold faced lied to over the DUMBEST thing ever. He could of lied over something cool but no.

·
Kansas Cummins Crew
761 Posts
It's okay man, you coulda just asked us what a Garmin was........:lol4:

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
haha that is funny as hell, you can tell they dont have a clue about diesel....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thats funny, I had a guy try to tell me that he was mixing 50-50 deisel and gas and was running 12.3 in the quater mile on a 1st gen truck.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its almost hard to believe that he actually described that truck. But i swear he said all of it. Seriously he sees our trucks have some stuff done to them you would think he would come up with a better story, since obviously we know what we are talking about.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Should've told him his truck sounds AWESOME and to say hi to Alice and the Mad Hatter when he got home..........

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Its ok man, I bet he couldnt run with my Common Rail with dual VPs and custom overhead cam 12v head and dual injectors per cylinder...its a beast I tell ya :party018:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thats funny...I had a guy come up to be in a bar once and ask if I was the one that drove that silver dodge and he then started talking about how his old dodge would kill mine. He then began saying how many people under estimate these v6 diesels:bonk: and then says he was runnin for turbos...two on each header. I ordered a pitcher and walked away:lol4:

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
I run mine on jet fuel! :D

Jet a + b, kero, p-50, #1, #2, whatever is kicking around the shop including the drums of used oil!

2,402 Posts
i wish i had an idiot story about diesel.

I did find one guy that was 20, working on a farm, and said he had a corvette with 8 turbos with $250,000 in the motor with a camealian paint job. He also owned a john deere tractor that had 250 hp stock, but his is putting out over 400 hp. Oh and the tractor had a flame paint job with a subwoofer and sound system in the cab. He also said he was making a mini helicopter out of a motorcycle engine.

Oh yeah, and he was driving a pos s15 jimmy when he was telling me all this. You just cant make this stuff up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got one for you, yesterday me and a buddy are out riding our bikes at the motocross track after a few hours of riding we load up, and there is a guy in a ford v-10 sitting next to our trucks, I load my bike(yz 450f) into the back of my truck and the guy asks if i want to race him, I just smiled and said hell yeah, I started my truck and he just said nevermind I got a sports car for racing not this truck, I asked what sports car he had and he told me he has a stock 98 mitsubishi eclipse that runs off methanol and will run low 8's in the quarter, and its pushin at least 800 hp, at this point I lost it, I couldnt control my laughter, I couldnt even drive I was laughing so hard. I wanted to tell him then go get your sports car but as soon as me and my buddy started laughing he just got into his truck and drove off. sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So last night my buddy from colorado is in town and he has an 03 4x4 qc cummins its the fastest truck i have ever drove it runs mid 12s in the quarter. Anyways we decide to go out to the town to meet up with some other diesel guys and maybe race. Well we park in a Walmart and are just sitting there talking. Well these girls walk out and he fires up his truck and i start up mine he starts blowing smoke and i just rev wishing i could. Well the girls look, but walk in. The guys i guess hear us and they start walking over. One of the dudes just looks like he got out of a rodeo and steer rastlin the other dude just looks big and mean. We figured they were going to come over and start some crap cause those were their women.

Anyways the guy comes over says nice trucks then begans the worse ever lie in the history of diesels.
We ask where is his truck and we want to race, i could just see the gears turning in his cowboy hat trying to think of something cool. So hear it goes:
"I wont get my truck tell this summer. Its a 08 dodge body on a 98 frame, with 2 tst chips stacked, a shot of 400 shot nitrous, and it runs on jet fuel. But i will run it on regular diesel so you have a chance" We both looked at him and said ok we will race ya.

Then the tool points at my buddys Garmin and says "WOAH what kind of chip is that" My buddy says its a Garmin GPS then he asked "How much power does it give you" We just laughed and said we had to go. I couldnt believe it we just got bold faced lied to over the DUMBEST thing ever. He could of lied over something cool but no.
Thats who stole my truck!!!!!! I was building a super special sleeper truck that runs with top fuel dragsters on the weekend.

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
Dang I want a cool story like these. Nobody has ever tried to talk trucks with me.:confused013:

·
Registered
233 Posts
you didnt have to be so rude to me about it. i was being nice.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I am the only guy at work with a Cummins at work so I catch all the flak. They usually shut up when I ask what kind of engines are in all the heavy equipment and our big dump trucks. Funny they all run 6 in a row, not a lousy V block

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Well he wont touch a superchips, hypertech and smarty stacked with and edge drag comp. :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
dat guy sounds like he has dat der one speshul one of a kind dealer option doo-hickies. i mean i got me one of dem gps deals, i SWEAR it adds at least 100 hp per wheel so that's 400 hp and 600 on a dually!!!! can you imagine the possibilities of that! i mean shucks, you stack 2 tst's and a smarty and an efi live and holy dang you better hold on partner!:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
63 Posts
i wish i had an idiot story about diesel.

I did find one guy that was 20, working on a farm, and said he had a corvette with 8 turbos with $250,000 in the motor with a camealian paint job. He also owned a john deere tractor that had 250 hp stock, but his is putting out over 400 hp. Oh and the tractor had a flame paint job with a subwoofer and sound system in the cab. He also said he was making a mini helicopter out of a motorcycle engine.

Oh yeah, and he was driving a pos s15 jimmy when he was telling me all this. You just cant make this stuff up.
You should have sat him down and quietly explained that he isn't supposed to drink the bong water:hehe:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I hit the NAWZx on my truck once, goin' 'bout 88 or 89 MPH on the fast lane asphalt, got so much torque and revgain that I stopped in my tracks and my rear tires just spun into the ground with 340 MPH wheel speed!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts