Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:beer

Well after a 2 hour fight I finally got my delete kit on. The hardest part was getting that downpipe onto the turbo. What a mother! sure was cussin H&S but I guess in retrospect I would rather have it be that super tight than loose.

I swear I heard a "Thank GOD!" from under the hood when I first started her up. :hyper: <- my 6.7! I love it. Not to loud so hopefully the hippies here in California will leave me alone but you can definitley hear the rig breath.

I do have a question about codes though. I have my edge set up to clear codes but the CEL is not going off. Is my CEL supposed to go out after the codes are cleared? Mine is staying on. Is this normal? Also I havent really taken it out for a spin yet but i noticed that my EB didnt come on at idle. ?????

Anyway thanks guys.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

DPF pressure sensor 1 low circut. I checked the connections. Everything seemed fine.

Good thing I went under there too cause I forgot to tighten my crossmember bolts!:thud:

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured it out. I misread the directions. "If you are NOT using an Edge leave the pressure sensor unplugged." :w:

All is good now. Thanks

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
What is dpf? I can remember for the life of me!

· SootCloudMaker3
5,432 Posts
Ok, i got it now. Knew it was part of the whole 6.7 changes but just cant remember from time to time and it drives me nuts.

· Banned
706 Posts
The E-Brake wont function sitting there at idle unless its cold. Least thats what mine does. It functions strictly off throttle sensors while driving. Its not like a PAC brake.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup thats exactly what it was. Intaller error! I havent taken it out yet but I will keep you guys posted. EGR is next. Thanks Kasey.

· Registered
2,331 Posts
The E-Brake wont function sitting there at idle unless its cold. Least thats what mine does. It functions strictly off throttle sensors while driving. Its not like a PAC brake.
ITs been awhile since i seen cold but i think its 58F or 48F or colder for you to hear that jet sound noise.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the EB came on this morning. HOLY CRAP is it cool souning! I can only imagine what that thing sounds like on a 5in kit.

· Registered
139 Posts
does anybody have any sound clips of the 4in delete kit i want to hear how loud it really is

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its not that loud at all man. A internet sound clip wouldnt really show you anything. You just hear ALOT more air coming out! The EB does sound like a jet when it kicks on though. I will take some clips and see if the computer does it justice. I dont think it will though.

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
does anybody have any sound clips of the 4in delete kit i want to hear how loud it really is
this winter when it gets cold out i will post a sound bit, with my 5", engine brake on and high idle this thing sounds wild! people walking by just stare and try to figure out what the (&^% that noise is. :lol3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.