Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dad called me and told me he found a hell of a deal on an 01 so I went and looked. After looking I brought it home very happy :party018: haha. Its got 217,xxxmi and is very tight. No blow by. I'm not big on autos but it was a hell of a deal. I have quite a few plans for it and will be looking for parts I'll get a list. Anyway here she is.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha Oh I agree the tires are horrible (all tho they are brand new) but yes wheels and tires are in store. Here's the list of things to come. They aren't in order just a list. Should all be done by end of summer.

Wheels & Tires
Fender Flares
Bumpers
Leveling Kit
Bedliner
New Tint
4" Exhaust
Air Intake
Edge J/A (possibly I'm still on the fence)
Tow Mirrors
1 Piece head lights
Smoked LED Tail lights
Grill
Seats
Possibly a new cowl hood
Some body work
And get rid of the nerf bars

·
Registered
833 Posts
Gauges and Ad150 or Fass 150 first. The Injector pump isnt fun to change or buy.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
i wasn't impressed by it went i looked at it Saturday but I'm trying to get out of the auto game too

and i might want the stock wheels and tires when your ready bud

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gauges and Ad150 or Fass 150 first. The Injector pump isnt fun to change or buy.....
First off I dont see any need in a bunch of gauges (other than a fuel pressure gauge) if I'ma get the Edge J&A. Second I'm not gonna go blow money on a fuel system untill I get a fuel gauge and see what pressure I have. My dad has had his 01 with an edge and a fuel pressure gauge on it for 200,000mi and still stock fuel system...... Trust me I'm not an idiot and by no means new to this

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya 85dodge Its no beauty queen but after I bartered with him for a while I left with it so cheap I can repaint it and still come out amazing hahaha Well we just might have to work something out man. I may have already sold the tires but I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
178 Posts
alright bud

·
Registered
833 Posts
First off I dont see any need in a bunch of gauges (other than a fuel pressure gauge) if I'ma get the Edge J&A. Second I'm not gonna go blow money on a fuel system untill I get a fuel gauge and see what pressure I have. My dad has had his 01 with an edge and a fuel pressure gauge on it for 200,000mi and still stock fuel system...... Trust me I'm not an idiot and by no means new to this
Yea, thats understandable. Our dually has 185k on stock intank fuel pump, the block fuel pump died at 60-70k and Injector pump at 70k. As it sets now it has K&N, 5in exhaust and Power Puck on second stock clutch.

I just say a Ad150 because we all know you'll want more power down the road. :hehe: But if not then Ad100? I just like them for fuel filters, just seem so much cheaper knowing they will last 15k+ and clean alot better than stocker. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I agree they're a good deal and most likely Ill end up with one. I do like the filter part cause god knows some of the places around here have nasty diesel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
New ride

Sweet score. Just get rid of those training wheels.:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice truck, That color doesnt look good on most vehicles, but I always thought it looks good on the Dodge trucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts