Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i do a ccv delete will i still need to buy a new ccv filter?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:confused013::confused013::confused013::confused013::confused013:

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
:confused013::confused013::confused013::confused013::confused013:
I thought the ccv delete only deleted the connection to the turbo and vents the blow by to atmosphere. So I would think you would still need the filter

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any idea on how i can get around the filter so its not there

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
5.9 valve cover comes to mind. But maybe it won't fit not sure. I have seen some custom valve covers for the 6.7 starting to pop up.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
the 5.9 VALVE COVER takes too much to modify, and what you have been seeing are FILTER COVERS for the 6.7, not valve covers like a 5.9

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
No I'm talking about valve covers. Diesel Transmission Tech did a limited run of some killer ones. You may contact them and see if they plan on doing any more. I have also heard helmann may do a few limited runs for the 6.7. Here are the pictures of the ones DTT did.

Also diesel power is showing Dr. Performance is making a 1 piece valve cover for the 6.7. Heres the link to their article.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
question why do you want to delete the filter in the first place its not like it causes harm to anything

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same reason we all did the exhausts and ive read that oil and gunk can get in the turbo

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just put a K&N crankcase filter on, and turned up a plug for the hole in the intake.
I did not have many miles on my truck when I took this picture:

And the rest looks like this:

It doesn't seem worth it to try and take out the CCV filter. It lasts for quite a while anyways. So, if stock appearances are not important, it seems like a cheap, worthwhile mod to just vent the CCV, and plug the intake.

Scott.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can u give me some details i really like that look i want the same thing

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
Ahab, how about a part number for that crankcase filter???

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just bought a crankcase filter (K&N part #62-1360) with a 3/4" end on it from an auto parts store, and used one of the spring clamps from the original setup. K&N has a couple filter options - #62-1560 or RU-3630.
Then I turned up a piece of aluminum to 3/4" diameter, with a larger head on it to push into the hole in the intake, and used one of the spring clamps that I pulled off the stock hose going from the CCV to intake. You could really use anything with a 3/4" diameter.

Here is the plug I made:

This is the filter setup, and a look under the CCV cover:

It is pretty easy to do, and I think it is worth it.
I should put in a plug for Glacier Diesel - they have a kit to do this exact same thing, but their kit has a nice little elbow for the filter.

Scott.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
No I'm talking about valve covers. Diesel Transmission Tech did a limited run of some killer ones. You may contact them and see if they plan on doing any more. I have also heard helmann may do a few limited runs for the 6.7. Here are the pictures of the ones DTT did.

Also diesel power is showing Dr. Performance is making a 1 piece valve cover for the 6.7. Heres the link to their article.
AGAIN, these are just FILTER COVERS on a 6.7, they do nothing to replace any type of VALVE COVER on the 6.7. these are just a LOOKS only item.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not using a filter, just opened it up and capped the Turbo inlet side:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
So far I have not noticed any exhaust smell in the cab, but others could have a different experience.

Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
No smells here, I chose to run CCV hose (aftermarket) down beside the frame..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
No smells here, I chose to run CCV hose (aftermarket) down beside the frame..:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts