Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was installing the fuel pressure guage last night and i noticed the pressure pulsates at idle jumping up and down is this normal, i don't know what the pressure guage was reading cause i just had a blunt dowl on the diaphram of the mechanical fuel pressure guage and noticed it pulsates very little, I'm wondering if it isn't my draw straw cut to long and is starting to suck on the bottom of the tank a little?? Not sure what the heck is going on with this thing I just want to get er dicked and running like she used to any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
mine will bounce between like 16-17 at idle. i was told that was normal..and i havnt been able to pull it down past 15psi when dumping the fuel hard.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
mine is taped at the VP44 with a custom 1/2" elbow that Vulcan put together for me with the 1/8" NPT fitting ;)

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
that will work too. There is a port at the pump that will be less bouncy with out a setup like yours Mike. what a lot of people experience is the pulsing of the VP44 back to the gauge and without the right snubber or needle valve assembly in there these pulses will damage your F/P gauge

John:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
not trying to steal the thread...i orderd a snubber from auto meter and it was to small..i really need a 1/8 one...anyone know were i can get one? i currently am not running one...but i have about a 2ft hose from Vulcan off my 90* on the VP and the sender is mounted on that up by the master cyl. (running an Autometer electric FP gauge)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered mine from Mc Master Carr.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
NICE!
thanks a lot. i have to order me up one now

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
You need to dampen the pulses from the pumps... I used a needle valve...:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
may sound dumb...i just ordered one up from John at Holland Court...
but on the pulsing of the pump...can you explain it a little...
I'm guessing it pulses bc it sucks fuel then slows then sucks and slows...i dont think it's a "backwash" deal b/c the releif/return line...just wondering...alway trying to learn something new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts