Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The defroster is the only thing blowing. Blower motor resistor like my Stratus? If so, where is located?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
vaccum line by the master cylinder.....

Reactions: firecracker cummins

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is all intact on the top side. But I'll check the line by the injection pump when I have more time, since I did have the pump off a couple weeks ago.
vaccum line by the master cylinder.....

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
They can be intact but brittle and leaking....

Put hands on and move them to see if there are any splits or tears...

·
Registered
631 Posts
yep you got a vacuum leak. Were you working on your truck recently? Because you might have pulled the vacuum tube from the coupling on the firewall. My guess is that you have a crack in the tube from the vacuum pump to the splitter on the firewall or one of those rubber coupling things is shot.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Vacuum leak for sure remove all the plastic lines and bow the the lines in a arch and see if it splits open. If it does then you found your problem.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Sure can......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check the vacuum line under the dash on the passenger side. The supply line comes from the vacuum pump, goes across the firewall to the passenger side, then goes in, then back across under the dash to the connector behind the ashtray. My truck did the same thing, and the problem was that the vacuum line was kinked where it came in thru the firewall. Gotta pull the line out to find it. I fixed the line and ran it back in thru another hole on the driver's side of the firewall, no need to pull the entire dash or go all the way back across to reconnect it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts