Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· US Army June 78-June 06
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't know how much Casey wants me talking but I figured you guys deserved a little into why the 175 tune isn't ready yet. My truck is one of the reasons. I started throwing codes and the first time it happened I cleared them with my Insight. Well it was new codes that the Insight didn't know. So Casey asked that I use the Key On Key Off 3 times. (I am not Danielson)
The codes were P061A and P0486. So there was one other truck that was having issues so Casey was working to fix this in the tune.

Now my driving with the 175HP tune has been nothing but fun so far. I loaded the tune on Wednesday this past week. Well I didn't get a chance to drive the truck until Thursday but the fiance drove it Wednesday. She came rolling back up the driveway and got out of the truck going Hot Dang that thing has some power!!!! Now after I had done the deletes and put the 120HP tune on she was in the truck one day and commented on how much getup and go it had. She asked if that was where all that money had gone?? And I said yes it is with a big grin on my face. Well with the 175HP tune I have more than a grin on my face. This truck is just totally amazing!!! I was messing aaround today on my way into town to get milk and a package at the post office. Well I turn off my side road onto the main and hammer it. Black smoke everywhere, RPM's pegged at 3,500 and it is time to shift, in third gear now and hammer it again!! More black smoke and next thing I know I have the RPM's pegged again. Hit 4th, 5th and then 6th as I roll onto I-90 and I look down and I'm doing 110MPH. Well I back off a little and get my speed where it should be. Now all I have for a boost gauge right now is the Insight and I thought I remembered someone saying it would only read so high.
So my boost gauge hit 31-32 LBS each time I hammered the pedal. My EGT's were right around 1,000 but came right back down as soon as I got off it.

So as it stands right now Casey thinks he will have a fix for the codes by tomorrow. Give the testers a few days to make sure everything is good and then the 175HP will be released to you all. Sorry to be holding things up but I am glad the codes happened now so they could fix it before hand.

I'll keep you all updated as things move along.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Thanks for the laugh in the morning! I'm sure Casey and the guys will have it fixed up soon.

You have to admire them wanting it perfect before release. (if only everyone strived to do the same.)
Ouch....was that a joke towards the Smarty from Boost???

WOW!

LOL

I love my XRT everyday I get in my truck and drive! I love that 175 tune, as well!

It really feels like a totally different and new truck!

I can get down and boogie with those big 38's like it's nobody's business!

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
I was messing with Boost about liking the Smarty, b/c he was messing with me one day about me liking the XRT...

It's harmless joking...

So, nobody get your panties in a wad.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
For the record......its was more of a joke towards Bully Dog. They are the ones who have released the biggest hunk of crap tuner for the 6.7L. I have a deep rooted hatred for Bully Dog!:buttkick:

No worries Alabama...I knew you were just messin' :hehe:

We definitely need some vids of this 175 tune. Alabama can you break the 38's loose from a dead stop? Lets see some vids!!!

1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone just didn't want this thread to degress into a Smarty vs XRT. Every tuner has had it's own problems and NONE have been able to be right straight out of the box.

Well dropping the kid off at school has never been soooooooooooooooooooooo much funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I can go back roads or freeway but today they were doing repairs on the back road from the flooding we had in January. So after dropping her off (Never Play with Kids in the Rig) I took the freeway home. Got to love on ramps, I was hitting 100 MPH at the end of it and rollin coal like crazy. This tune just keeps pulling let me tell you!!! I saw 33.5 boost and 1350* EGT's as I was smoking out this semi I had to go around. I started backing off as I hit 115 MPH but I am sure there is a lot more if I wanted it.

I will try to get some video of my truck rollin coal this week. Best bet so far would be Thursday or Friday as the fiance is off then.

· Recovering Post Whore
732 Posts
Just keep rubbing it in you Beta Punks!! :buttkick:

1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just keep rubbing it in you Beta Punks!! :buttkick:
I'm soo sorry. :lol4: I will try to restrain myself. :hehe: It is sooooooo hard to do. :party018: That tune just brings out the boy in all of us!! :shock::shock: I need to go drive my truck again......................... :banghead: Fooled ya. :headbang:

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Funny thing is, this is what everyone said about the 120hp and now the 175hp and then the 220hp, come on guys how long you think casey will make tunes for?.....lol Every tune feels 3x over the next

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
I'm soo sorry. :lol4: I will try to restrain myself. :hehe: It is sooooooo hard to do. :party018: That tune just brings out the boy in all of us!! :shock::shock: I need to go drive my truck again......................... :banghead: Fooled ya. :headbang:
Sorry Hardcore...

But it's exactly like Wildman said!

I feel the same way...It's such a terrible thing, though...You know the only thing I don't like about the tune...

Is that I'll be needing new tires in 6 months, instead of next year!!!

LOL

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Funny thing is, this is what everyone said about the 120hp and now the 175hp and then the 220hp, come on guys how long you think casey will make tunes for?.....lol Every tune feels 3x over the next
Yep...can't wait for 225!

It's gonna rock!!!

I'm hoping that soon I can get my twins, Airdog 150, DD 80hp stix, and tranny by then...

then I should definitely be getting closer to my 1,000 RWHP mark!

1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Funny this is what? I guess I must have my slow cap on today cause I am not getting what your saying. I didn't say it felt 3X stronger than??? We know that the 225 fine is also due out soon. What is your point?

Like I said I guess I have my slow hat on.

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Funny this is what? I guess I must have my slow cap on today cause I am not getting what your saying. I didn't say it felt 3X stronger than??? We know that the 225 fine is also due out soon. What is your point?

Like I said I guess I have my slow hat on.
I meant everyone brags about the next tune and how its so much better than the previous, it was another thread where i saw the 3x. sorry for the confusion.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.