Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 55 Posts

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
To add to what he said, the biggest problem with these things seems to be the front ends, ball joints, axle front axle u-joints etc. I'd still take the Cummins over the Ford though, especially the 6.0.

I wouldn't change the clutch till it starts slipping though, I was fine till I got up aroung 450 hp, probly anything over 400 it might start slipping on the highway in 5th or 6th.

<edit>
Welcome to CF BTW! :)

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Go with a mega cab and be done with it.
...unless you need a long box. My quad cab is all we need, and the megas are just so ugly... :hehe:

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
... The real downside... if there is one... is that the Dodge tranny (AT and STD) does require upgrades with the additional upgrades you make to the 5.9.
Pardon¿
Maybe you can explain the mods required for the Dodge manual tranny?
... Or are you just talking about the clutch?

I'm sure even the stock Ford clutch will not stand up to 450 HP or more.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Just referring to the clutch upgrade. Based on the other posts on here.

You said that is the downside of the Dodge, sp Ford clutches are good for 400+ HP at the wheels?

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I'm having my coffee right now thanks (2nd cup). :thumbsup:

All I'm asking now (for the 3rd time) is how the Ford clutch holds up to added power compared to the stock Dodge clutch? You make it sound like the Dodge stockers are weaker.

Just curios, but not enough to go check out any PS forums...

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I read somewhere there's no room in the new 6 speed autos for bigger shafts so the new ones are a little worse for big HP.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Thanks for the help. And thanks for making it specific.
My Lariat is so much more comfortable then the dodge. We do long trips, so that is a big factor. How do you guys make these more comfortable? Front and back for the quad cab
The Lariat I had before this truck was a 1990 so this is an improvement! :hehe:

1 - 7 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.