Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 48R from an 05 will work on an 06' truck (man. 10/05) also 48R based.???? I guess there is a kickdown cable on 05 and a mushroom type device on later 06' trucks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have an 05 and know for a fact that I do not have a TV/kickdown cable, but have a motor that simulates the cable connected on top of the transmission. I do not know the correct terms, but I can find out...

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Does anyone know if the 48R from an 05 will work on an 06' truck (man. 10/05) also 48R based.???? I guess there is a kickdown cable on 05 and a mushroom type device on later 06' trucks?

Thanks!
The transmission is exactly the same from 05 to 07.5. It will work fine.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have an 05 and know for a fact that I do not have a TV/kickdown cable, but have a motor that simulates the cable connected on top of the transmission. I do not know the correct terms, but I can find out...
I thought all 05' 48r[s had the cable?

Hmmm?

The transmission is exactly the same from 05 to 07.5. It will work fine.
That would be nice, But I have heard different and ATS site shows a different variety as well.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you please. hate for this guy to drive down with his truck if its not gonna work.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Could you please. hate for this guy to drive down with his truck if its not gonna work.
when are you guys gonna do the change out? would like to spectate if i could.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
04.5's and early 05's had the manual kickdown cable just have to have him find out which one he has

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
That would be nice, But I have heard different and ATS site shows a different variety as well.
Anyone else?
You heard wrong, ATS's web site is wrong.

ANY 48RE transmission will fit 03-04.5 with no problems.

The 05-07.5 transmission have a TV motor, but, will retro all the way back to 1996 when RE came out, and are the same unit. Nothin was chnaged in the transmission configurtaion or electronics that would preclude it working. You just have to use the pieces for the original transmission.

04.5's and early 05's had the manual kickdown cable just have to have him find out which one he has
No, 05's all had a TV motor no kick down cable.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when are you guys gonna do the change out? would like to spectate if i could.
Spectators fee is $100.00:lol4:

We are haveing a dodge tech do it for us....I know the tech pretty well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You heard wrong, ATS's web site is wrong.

ANY 48RE transmission will fit 03-04.5 with no problems.

The 05-07.5 transmission have a TV motor, but, will retro all the way back to 1996 when RE came out, and are the same unit. Nothin was chnaged in the transmission configurtaion or electronics that would preclude it working. You just have to use the pieces for the original transmission.

No, 05's all had a TV motor no kick down cable.

Now Im all confused.:meet:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts