Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my install of my BMK-11 system. I wanted to mount it to the engine but I have APPS in the way so I mounted it to the firewall.

To install the mount, the plastic shroud under the wipers had to be lifted up in order to get the nuts and washers on the bolts that holds the mount on the firewall. Two extra washers on the bottom bolts are sandwiched in between the mount and the firewall to help angle the filter away from any engine lines.

Yep, oil filter cap

The infamous inner fender. Always in the way. I took the time to cut out a section of fender liner so I could easily get to the full flow filter without beating the heck out of my hands. all it took was a sharp razor blade to score the plastic, grab hold and rip! nice clean edge.

·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah... make sure the filters are TIGHT!!! see the drop of oil on the bottom of my filter.

·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one last thing, Thanks to Chuck from Twin Port Sales!

·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A month and a half later she's holding up great as expected!

·
Registered
564 Posts
That mount looks good! It is similar to what I did except I made a bracket out of 1/8" steel so that it hangs down plumb. Pics in my garage if anyones interested.

Wood

·
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That mount looks good! It is similar to what I did except I made a bracket out of 1/8" steel so that it hangs down plumb. Pics in my garage if anyones interested.

Wood
You have a clean professional looking mount! I would have done that but my AEM is in the way.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks man! I did notice that monster tube you got going on in there. That intake looks clean. I bet it sounds pretty good too. I myself took out the stock setup and have a Volant. I am pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Awesome. Im going to be ordering the bypass kit soon... Ive been wondering where I was going to mount it beucase of the APPS. Looks like a perfect place to me. :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts