Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
comeing up on 5k and wana do my first oil change and swap the rest of the oils..need some advise on what type oil to use for cold weather enviroments..ie canadas winters

Motor Oil ?
Manual Tranny?
Transfercase? 4x4
Rear end?

will go with amsoil and not shure what l should be looking for...still somewhat clueless re diesles :O(..truck is work truck ..mayby 50 miles a day and light duty..no towing

Thanx

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live 2 hrs east of Edmonton and I'm running AMSOIL Premium API CJ-4 synthetic 5w-40 in the engine, severe gear 75w-90 in the differentials. Synthetic Universal Transmission Fluid in tranny, t-case and pwr steering. Series 500 High-Performance DOT 3 Brake Fluid in the master cyl.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
:agree2: amsoil synthetics are a great choice, especially in cold weather. i personally would break it in some more with dino before running synthetic and wouldnt worry about tranny until 30,000 mi. Diff's at 15,000 for first change

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
yeah your rings havent had time properly seat go to at least 20000 kms before u switch to full synthetic in ur motor and if you wanna spend the cash everything else is good to go, just warnin u thats gonna be a hefty bill lol

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great...thanx kindly folks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts