Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one?? If so how hard was it to install and could you post pics of install:yourock:

· Registered
3,618 Posts
I have one & its great Im going to get 20-30k miles befor I change the oil on this change. Sorry no pics tho.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where did you hook up the lines at and where did you mount it??

· Premium Member
12,495 Posts
I've installed three of them but not on my own trucks.
On all of them I plumbed the inlet into the 1/8" NPT port that is plugged on top of the oil filter.
For the filter outlet I drilled and tapped a 1/8" port into the side of the oil fill tube after first removing it.
On two of the trucks the filters were mounted on the driver's side back of the fender up near the back.
The third truck had 4 wheel ABS and the controller took up the space on the fender so I couldn't use it.
For that one I made a simple bracket that shared the passenger side battery's hold down bolts. The filters hung down side by side on the long side of the battery.
If I had to do it over I would have done all three this way. Much easier to access the filters for service.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice...thanks. Really thinking about getting it since it is 500 dollars cheaper than the fs-2500

· Premium Member
3,778 Posts
I have a few pics for ya' but mine is a 3rd gen. so---

Here's where you tap in to the factory filter mount--

The finished install--

The mounting bracket (5"x7"x3"x5/16")--

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where did you get that oil cap at??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.