·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&G Electric Performance Diesel Shootout

YouTube - Misery Amarillo [email protected]

Amarillo Dragway
12955 Burlington Rd, Amarillo, TX 79118]​

Guys we need everybody out here. Jerimiah and Mike w/Amarillo Dragway have contacted NHRDA. If we can get a large turnout this year then the NHRDA will look into have a full sanctioned event here next year. Plus anybody can win the sportsman ET class. That’s a guaranteed $350.00 for 1st………..

Classes:
1. Heads Up
-Full on Diesel Race Trucks, no weight, motor, tranny, spray,etc.... restrictions. Run em as you bring them. Jerimiah will run “Misery”(B&G’s 10 sec Dura). He has also invited more than a couple pro street trucks. We should get to see more than one low 10 and hopefully some 9’s out of this class. It’s going to be really competitive.
-4s Pro Tree.​

2. Sportsman ET
-ET bracket style, anything from stock to whatever. It’s all about consistency here.
-5s Sportsman Tree​

July 8th
-Track opens at 6:00 pm.
-Open to everybody, Test-n-Tune.
-$ 10.00 fee for spectators 12 and older, children under 12 are free.
-$ 20.00 Race Fee.​

July 9th
- Track opens at 12:00 pm. (Depending on suggestions or responses may open earlier)
-Dial in and practice runs will be available.
-We have yet to place an exact time on the start of the races. Currently we are looking at 1:00 To 2:00 pm. This will be an early race. (We have a couple of Pro-Street trucks coming in from out of state and we are also hoping for a large turnout)​

Prizes:
-Currently we have $ 1000.00 to split up as follows:
*1st place for both classes: $350.00
*2nd place for both classes: $150.00​
-Currently we only have prize money from Jerimiah Montgomery himself. If we have a large showing, Amarillo Dragway has agreed to offer up some additional funds to increase 1st and 2nd place prizes. This will all depend on how many trucks we have in each class. So you guys get out there and we can up the ante!!!!!!!​

Race Fee’s??
-We have yet to decide on whether or not to charge a race fee. I think right now Jerimiah doesn’t want to charge, but that may change. Obviously if we charge then a portion or all would go to prizes. Please let us know your thoughts on this.​

Vendors
-We have contacted various vendors, NHRDA, FAAS, ATS, etc… They will be sending t-shirts, hats, stickers etc.
We are currently still working out all of the final details. I will keep you guys updated as things progress or if anything changes. If you have any questions, suggestions, or would like to donate (Food, prizes, etc..) please contact either myself (806-223-9472 or pm davematthews on CF or CompD) or Jerimiah Montgomery.​

Special Thanks To:

B&G Electric Diesel Performance
Jerimiah Montgomery
Pampa, Tx
806-664-1906

&

Amarillo Dragway
Mike Lamberson
806-622-3278
Amarillo Dragway 2011!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'd be up for that, I want to do NHRDA but only races close enough I'd care for are Ennis and Topeka. Any chance of a Dyno?

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,815 Posts
I'd be up for that, I want to do NHRDA but only races close enough I'd care for are Ennis and Topeka. Any chance of a Dyno?
:confused013: LET SOME OF THE AMARILLO GUYS CHIME IN AND LET US KNOW HOW FAR DREAM CHASERS IS FROM THE DRAG STRIP AND MAYBE WE CAN GET SOMETHING GOING FOR A DYNO AS WELL:thumbsup: TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN YA

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused013: LET SOME OF THE AMARILLO GUYS CHIME IN AND LET US KNOW HOW FAR DREAM CHASERS IS FROM THE DRAG STRIP AND MAYBE WE CAN GET SOMETHING GOING FOR A DYNO AS WELL:thumbsup: TELL YOUR FRIENDwS TO JOIN YA
Dream chaser isn't very far at all. Maybe 10 mins. I've got a call into them about this, just waiting. Theirs is not mobile, so it will be tricky to set a time, unless we can get everybody thats coming out to let us know what they are interested in. If ya'll don't mind, start a list with who's coming and what you are wanting to participate in.

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,815 Posts
Dream chaser isn't very far at all. Maybe 10 mins. I've got a call into them about this, just waiting. Theirs is not mobile, so it will be tricky to set a time, unless we can get everybody thats coming out to let us know what they are interested in. If ya'll don't mind, start a list with who's coming and what you are wanting to participate in.
:doh: WE KNOW ITS NOT MOBILE WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL DYNO DAYS THERE WHERE WERE YOU :buttkick: LMAO YEA TALK TO BRAD WHEN YOU GET INFO HE OWNS THE JOINT AND HAS THE CLEANEST SHOP ANY OF US HAVE EVER BEEN IN LET ME KNOW WHAT HE SAYS YOU MIGHT WANT TO MENTION THE LAST FEW DYNOS WE HAVE HAD THERE HE ALWAYS MADE ME A GREAT DEAL:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:doh: WE KNOW ITS NOT MOBILE WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL DYNO DAYS THERE WHERE WERE YOU :buttkick: LMAO YEA TALK TO BRAD WHEN YOU GET INFO HE OWNS THE JOINT AND HAS THE CLEANEST SHOP ANY OF US HAVE EVER BEEN IN LET ME KNOW WHAT HE SAYS YOU MIGHT WANT TO MENTION THE LAST FEW DYNOS WE HAVE HAD THERE HE ALWAYS MADE ME A GREAT DEAL:thumbsup:
yes. I know. Sorry some of us have only been fortunate enough to mod their trks recently. I wld have loved to discover diesels in this light 15 years ago. I bought mine in oct of 2010. Found CR and CompD 5 months ago. So i missed ya'lls previous engagements. That statement was for the okie guys, just to head off a return question about having the dyno at the tract. With recent developments, i think we shld definetly do the dyno. It will unfortunately have to be seperate from the shootout. I just learned that B&G is only wanting a drag race for this event. I didn't know this going into it. But hey, i guess its better than a swift kick in the @#@.

With that, when brad calls me i'll see what kind of a package he will give us and get back to u guys. I am however going to continue to look for interest in this. Either her in amarillo or lubbuck. It sucks being 5 plus hrs from a big event...besides, what else do i have to do. No funds for mods, so i'll live vicariously thru this. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys, spoke w/Jerimiah today and have an update.

He confirmed the fact that none of the pro trucks are going to enter the bracket, but like I said before. It really doesn't matter. Your going to be racing even regardless. So the bracket is really anybody's.

Sat.
Tech in starts at 12:00. Race starts at 1:00.
They will be enforcing NHRDA Safety rules (Cage, helmets etc..depending on how fast ur running of course)

Dragstrip has a concession stand- burger's etc... and he said by then beer as well.

He only wants to concentrate on the actual races this year. Thanks everybody that has been giving ideas. Hopefully we can get somethings going another time.

Everything else is as stated in original post.

Thanks for all the interest.

I'll continue to keep u guys updated if anything changes...

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Guys..Got an update this afternoon.

Friday stays the same..Test & Tune...I don't know what that costs, but its seperate from our event..

The gates open at 1:00, qualifying is from 3:00 to 5:00. Race starts at 6:00 and is over when there's a winner..

Also, there will be a 50.00 entry fee per vehicle per class.. So If you wanted to enter a truck in the heads up and in the bracket its 100.00 bucks...Good thing is 30 bucks out of every entry fee will go toward the prizes...So right now we have a garunteed 350.00 for 1st in both classes, and 150.00 for second... So lets say we have 5 pro trucks show up for the heads up (That's all we have garunteed right now...These are all 10 sec trucks...One might be in the high 9's...he just got it together last week and is testing right now) So an extra 100.00 will go towards 1st for a total of 450.00 and 50 will go towards 2nd for a total of 200.00....Now lets say we have those 5 in the heads up but have 40 trucks in the bracket...Head's up will stay the same, but bracket will go from 350 for 1st to 1150.00 and from 150 for 2nd to 550.00.. I think you guys can do the math from there... Jerimiah has around 6 or 7 trucks he personally knows that will show up and I've got 4 buddies,,there's the lubbuck guys, canyon and herferd and amarillo...We really shouldn't have less than 20 trucks in this class.

ONE MORE>>>>>We have 4 sponsors...AFE, ATS, FAAS, MBRP.....Right now we only have a decision from Faas..>They are donating your choice of their HD 150....That's a 750.00 value depending on which one you go with (Dodge, GMC, Ford,,,)....This will be a raffle style, your entry fee covers your raffle and it will only be available to the drivers...So if we only have 25 guys and there are 4 big prizes...That's not bad odds at all...ATS should let us know next week and hopefully MBRP will too...I think they will all follow suit with Faas, but not for sure until they tell us...

Come on guys, run that stock truck..You'r equal in the brackets to a 8 sec truck or a 16 sec truck..>Makes no difference... We just need you guys out there so we can keep this going and getting bigger every year...IF ITS GOT A DIESEL ENGINE>>>>>>BRING IT.. That's the only requirement...Doesn't matter if its a truck or a pinto, if it roals coal its good to go.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sounds like a pretty cool deal. If I was in the area id try to make it. I've been through amarillo probably 50 times and never knew they had a dragstrip untill now!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah guys its gonna be a good time plus there's always stuff goin on in amarillo plus there's a chance at money so why not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.