Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for the last year or so, the e-brake works very intermittently. sometimes i comes on hard enought to make the tires slip, the very next time it will barely come on or it will kick off about 1600 rpm. that has been consistently random. it didn't matter if i had a trailer on or not. now last week driving to work, i went to pass someone on our wonderful 2 lane highways and it felt like it had no power and i couldn't hear the turbo whistle like normal, eventually it spooled up and away we went. this weekend, i noticed some times it felt like the truck had way more power as i couldn't shift gears and go without the tires spinning on gravel up to 5th gear. then i was pulling a trailer up a mile long hill (SE Nebraska so no real big hills) and i could hear the turbo spool up, then it would wind down and i had my foot in it and never let off, but i could still hear the turbo doing that. my engine speed was about 1800-1900 RPM. then when i slowed down and the e-brake comes on, it kicks out about 1600 again, comes on about 1300 rpm and does not shut off, even when i am at a dead stop.

anyone experience anything like this? i could sure use some help as my dealer just keeps tellign me it is sooted up. i don't buy that completely because it doesn't have any consistent pattern related to driving. it seems like to me the boost pressure sensor is going haywire or something.

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,449 Posts
Sounds to me like you are going to get a CEL and a p2262 code pretty soon. Sounds like the sliding vane on the turbo is getting gummed up and is occasionally sticking. When it gets bad enough, it will throw the p2262 and the dealership will either drill, tap, and flush your turbo with a cleaning solvent or replace it altogether. You might want to try unplugging your EGR for a while and driving it around. It's possible, with your EGR unplugged, that you might be able to clear the turbo out with some hard use and without a trip to the dealer.

· Registered
565 Posts
I've had the exact same issues and the dealer has told me over and over again that it is "normal". The last time they told me that I went home and ordered up all the deletes and an XRT. So far, I've had the same thing with the E-brake working really well one time and the next block will be completely different. I even had it squack the rear tires once when coming to a stop, dry pavement, about 40mph.

But, I feel much more confident in my ride now after doing all the deletes and really like the 20mpg +. One trip, cruise set at 80 for 120 miles, I got 24 hand calculated.:party018:

· OKLAHOMA CHAPTER PRESIDENT
878 Posts
My turbo does what it wants turns on and off on it's own got a dtc code u010c smarty says it's code pc10c same code but I deleted my truck along time ago but I also have 135k

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, on the way to work this morning (35 mile drive one way), the CEL came on about 20 miles in to the trip and when i got to work, i checked the codes and had a P2000. I called the service manager at my dealer which is in the same town i work in, i explained it all to him and he said he has seen that all before, to bring it in to him as soon as i can and they will work on it. we'll see if anything gets "fixed"

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,449 Posts
p2000 is an o2 sensor code. The forward o2 sensor, right after the Cat in the downpipe, gets sooted up and throws the code. If you don't have time or patience to deal with the dealer, you can pull the o2 sensor and hit it with compressed air and a clean, lint-free rag to clean it up. That should solve the p2000 issue. Unfortunately, p2000 is usually a precursor to the p2262.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got it back from the dealer and he said it needed an update for the problem with the P2000 code. he also said there was a PCM and a CCM? update that they did to it. we'll see what that all does for it.

based on what else i have read, i am wondering if the P2262 code is coming as well.

thanks for the info everyone.

· Banned
1,844 Posts
Just got it back from the dealer and he said it needed an update for the problem with the P2000 code. he also said there was a PCM and a CCM? update that they did to it. we'll see what that all does for it.

based on what else i have read, i am wondering if the P2262 code is coming as well.

thanks for the info everyone.
hopefully they didnt do that ecm flash where if ya have a tuner the truck will be disabled??? my eb hasnt worked since i did my egr delete? that was at 40k kms,,so ive learnd to live with it,,cause the dealer wont fix it cause theres no emissions on the truck so i get screwd....the turbo spooles fine and have no issues,,just no eb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.