Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bad alternator only getting may be 10 amps at battery replace and fixed my fuel presser, wts light, transmission shift is smoother on my auto. Love a good fix to many issues let's just hope it's that easy! And I'm new to the site so bare with me to get the hang of things

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
That's sometimes a easy fix. Sometimes guys install a bd noise isolater too. That's only a bandaide for a simple fix. Glad you got it going.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 mill to be honest lol feels good to know I can drive my truck and it will get me where I wanna go

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
I hope you bought a quality alternator, or you may end up with other problems in the future, but congrats & welcome.

Ed

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a lot of noise issues with my electrical (banks brake is temperamental). Wondering if this would help. I know nothing is for sure, but what brand of alt is the best bet? I'm in northern CA (el dorado county).

·
Cummins Nut
1,531 Posts
I hope you kept your old alternator to do a rebuild on it. The stock denso unti is high quality just like the starter and it often just needs a rebuild to the tune of $50-100. It will last much longer than the cheap aftermarket alternator replacements.

·
Registered
21,449 Posts
JKranch, you can have yours tested down here in Sac at Lehr Auto Electric on Northgate next to Napa. Guy named Sean is their alternator guy. Did mine this week found problem I have been chasing or years. He knows and does all the proper tests. Got one from Napa and was lucky enough it worked. They are the best Electrical place in nor-cal. They do all the emergency vehicles.

Reactions: JKRanch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems to be a good one 120 amps at the least and lifetime warranty so cant go wrong there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts