Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DieselAutoPower.com
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a good setup? I want to ditch the stocker. I've got a holley blue fuel pump. I'm planning on relocating it back down to the frame as a pusher pump instead. I'm also going to install a drawstraw, 1/2" hose as well. I'd like a filter that has a sediment bowl to check on it.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
There is the AirTex and Holley but both aren't going to last long...

I would go with a AirDog 150 but a Raptor will do too...
AirDog Fuel Pump

·
DieselAutoPower.com
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already got the pump, just need a filter assembly. I'm happy with the pressure I've got now. It'll probably improve even more once I ditch the stock fuel filter setup with all the banjo fittings.

The truck has been driven all of 4K miles since I bought it in October. So "lasting" shouldn't be an issue.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
I know there is a few people that have done it... But the majority of them either went with a FASS or AirDog setup that already got the filter setup on it...

I found on another forum that most diesel shops should have filter heads. You'll need 2 of them 1 for a water separator, and 1 for a 2 micron fuel filter mount BEFORE the pump.

Engine <- Fuel Pump <- 2 Micron Filter <- Water Separator <- Fuel Tank

·
DieselAutoPower.com
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea, placing the pump post filter will help save the vanes on the pump. Dunno what Dodge/Cummins had in mind putting it before the filter, and on the engine to soak up heat.

I'm going to install a draw straw for my tank, and install 1/2" lines from the tank to the IP.

I'm thinking that I'll install a small section of reinforced clear tubing to visually be able to check flow into the IP. I'm also going to install a momentary switch for the pump to prime the system without having to cycle the ign so many times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts