Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get my nv5600 Rebuilt, and plan to add a Tranny Temp sender. I have the fast cooler on the Drivers Side, and the Filter on the other.

I can't decide whether to mount the sender in the cooler, or drill a hole in the case of the transmission, and Braze in a brass fitting to get the absolute Tranny Oil temperature, not the Temp. in the Cooler.

But i Can't decide. What do you Suggest?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where i can find a Banjo Bolt To accomidate that?

temp Sensor i am using comes with the Edge kit... If that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Do you know where i can find a Banjo Bolt To accomidate that?

temp Sensor i am using comes with the Edge kit... If that makes a difference
There are several places that sell banjo bolts, but I would check first with the dealer that you got the kit from. Pull one of the bolts, and get a thread count and length and go from there. I will look and see if I can find one around here and get back with you. But if you are going to get it rebuilt, why not just get the rebuilder to furnish the bolt.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of a long story there... But i was down there lookin at my tranny and i think i am just going to run one in the Plugged port that is on the cooler.

Anyone think this will give me a false reading? You would think you would want to be reading the Hot oil in the Tranny instead of the Oil that would currently be in the cooler wouldn't you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts