Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bout an all billet suncoast transmission....Worth getting?...Heard great things about suncoast...Need opinions... Also is an all billet transmission what i need?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Transmissions are another world, aren't they.I had a Suncoast in my 2006, full billet, ran good. Shafts held up to alot of abuse. We have had great luck with both Suncoast and HTS.

As for your "need" for a full billet, from what I read in your sig, I think it would be a good idea. Yeah, you may be able to shave a few dollars here or there depending on use, but why? Just overbuild it as much as you can allow and enjoy it.

You would need and input at the absolute minimum. I would recommend an output shaft as well. That way you can sled pull or do 4wd launches if you like. Intermediate it up for question. If you are doing any racing, the billet direct drum wouldn't be a bad idea.

Lets talk a bit more about what you are doing with the truck and any additional plans for later.

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
my bros got an 05 duramax with a suncoast stage 3 tranny. new clutchs and valve bodies. it shifts firm and can handle a lotta power

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
The Allison is a totally different animal. The stock shafts are much stronger, and clutch set up is a bit different. If he likes the Stg III, he would fall in love with the Stg IV.

On these 727 based transmissions, the input is about the weakest link, followed by the converter cover. The vb can be adjusted with a transgo kit or more to help the stock clutches up to a point, then you need to look at better frictions. At the level cummins3155 is at, he needs that plus some billet pieces, how many depending on how he uses the truck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah dieselnut...ill be going all billet once this tranny is toast....ill be only putting stronger injectors and water meth...also be bringin it to the strip so its worth going all billet...also heard really good things about suncoast..

·
Registered
80 Posts
ive head good things about suncoast aswell, and very little bad...i have not however heard anything but praise from people about Dave Goerend and his tranmissions....

Goerend Transmission Incorporated

·
Registered
592 Posts
I run a suncoast concerter and an HTS full billet "custom" race build. Its awesome and has taken some pretty descent HP thus far. I also run suncoast "new age" intermediate after I shattered my previous billet intermediate. And it is awesome. Could not be happier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts