·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tech said he maxed out the caster.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Draw an imaginary line connecting your ball joints top to bottom. If the line tilts to the rear of the truck that's positive caster. This helps high speed stability, reduces death wobble.
If that line tilts forward then that's negative caster, makes the steering easier, reduces high speed stability, think of a shopping cart that you push real fast, front wheels flopping side to side is negative caster, death wobble.
Personally every alignment I get done is maximum positive caster.
My $0.02

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Should have been more specific. Is this caster within spec? What are the arrows? I assume the big numbers are the actual and the small ones are the recommended range? Why is the left side recommended number different than the right?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's within spec, but ideally you want to be around 4.5 degrees positive with these trucks. Less caster=wander, more caster=straighter tracking, but tighter steering..
If you're not having wobble/wandering issues, then don't worry bout it!

If he maxed out your caster, there isn't much else to do other than doing control arms.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You are low on each side of the caster. But the cross caster isn't horrible, thats the little box in the middle. Your cross camber is nice as well. So do you have a problem...if the truck drives well, no death wobble type things and good tire wear, then drive it and no worries. But if problems exist then look at the condition of the bushings or going to a long arm kit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problems. Small corrections frequently on the highway but really just getting used to the new truck. Only 800 miles so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.