Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Cowboy AKA Equality State
870 Posts
I have enabled the HID option to see if I could get away with removing my anti flicker harness and unfortunately, it is still needed for LED/HID...

However, I did enable the quad headlamp option and tested with a stock bulb to see if both high and low beams would stay on together and it works!! No need for a "Bright Box" to keep high, low, and fogs on anymore!!

I'm almost tempted to go back to stock headlight bulbs now :thumbsup:

·
870 Posts
Stock headlight bulbs and plenty happy!!

For the last couple years, I've been spending a pile of money on various lighting "upgrades" that haven't worked out as planned...

First was LED and it was AWESOME!! One issue was no heat on the lenses with freezing fog sucks!! Second attempt with "better" LED's forced me to send a product back!!

Moving on to HID... First ones were included with the assemblies for $125 and were damn near perfect on low beam, but I couldn't get the high beams to work at all!! No problem, since my intent was the housing...

3rd upgrade was Morimoto Dodge/RAM specific kit that doesn't make me impressed at all... Perhaps, I didn't click the correct box for a reflector style housing... :stirpot:

I did put the stock H-13 bulbs back in with the changes I made and all I have to say is WOW!! This is what I wanted all along!! High+low+fogs!!

Sure 6000K light is amazing... Do I miss it?? ABSOLUTELY, but it sucks pretty bad in blinding snow!!

I just wish that AlfaOBD existed back when I bought my '09 new :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all, new to the forum and looking for Alfaobd information for my 2007 2500 6.7L diesel. This is the only conversation I can find that I thought might be able to help. I am looking for the CVI's for my 68rfe transmission. I have heard some say they are in there but I cannot find them. Any help would be awesome or point me in the right direction in the forum. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
waterdogs, i have been following this thread for some additional information and it has been very useful but i found another thread, i'm not sure if you had seen this one. Good luck..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you jakeorders. I will chime in on that thread. The transmission CVI's are not listed on the screen for the 2007.5 Cummins I6 6.7 under the engine tab. They are listed on the newer model tabs, but when I try to use these tabs, it automatically reverts to the Cummins I6 6.7 tab and does not list the CVI's. Thanks again for the tread info.

·
870 Posts
Hello all! Its been a while, so I guess I should give an update...

I've recently been blessed with the DPF FULL message with the irritating chime. I was hoping that I could just reset all of the emissions related timers, or just tell the body computer that it was never equipped with the junk in the first place.

The software does it's thing and freezes for a while... It tells me that my interface may me the issue... I just got frustrated and re-loaded my Smarty tune to get rid of the chime.

Next time it comes back, I may just get brave enough to change the country code and go from there.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Hello all! Its been a while, so I guess I should give an update...

I've recently been blessed with the DPF FULL message with the irritating chime. I was hoping that I could just reset all of the emissions related timers, or just tell the body computer that it was never equipped with the junk in the first place.

The software does it's thing and freezes for a while... It tells me that my interface may me the issue... I just got frustrated and re-loaded my Smarty tune to get rid of the chime.

Next time it comes back, I may just get brave enough to change the country code and go from there.
Alpha ODB will not help you with the DPF message, reloading your tune was the right call. Weird that you needed to with the Smarty. Is your device updated to the latest version? you can get em here:

As for the interface, it sounds like your using the software from PC. Did you confirm the vom port setting matched the BT device connection on the PC? mine was different and needed to be adjusted by default.

·
870 Posts
So sorry to all that I've confused!

The new site layout is quite frustrating, and I was giving an update to a post that I made on an entirely different thread.

I was expecting a message of some sort to pop up for no reason... I was playing around with the engine menus and noticed the ability to reset timers. I scratched my head for a moment and played around a bit.

I was hoping that I could simply do the same thing as a reload does without having to do one at all. My hopes were the same as when I enabled plenty of things, while getting rid of things I "dislike".

The tire light and "Quick Lane Change" (AKA 3 blink turn thingy), is one of them and it worked like a charm!! Next was the message... It didn't work as I had hoped.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
So sorry to all that I've confused!

The new site layout is quite frustrating, and I was giving an update to a post that I made on an entirely different thread.

I was expecting a message of some sort to pop up for no reason... I was playing around with the engine menus and noticed the ability to reset timers. I scratched my head for a moment and played around a bit.

I was hoping that I could simply do the same thing as a reload does without having to do one at all. My hopes were the same as when I enabled plenty of things, while getting rid of things I "dislike".

The tire light and "Quick Lane Change" (AKA 3 blink turn thingy), is one of them and it worked like a charm!! Next was the message... It didn't work as I had hoped.

A lot of the function in AlphaOBD is for diagnostics and service stuff. You can reset timers all you want but if the tune is not properly deleting or disabling those functions of the trucks stock emissions then will just come back because the truck thinks the DPF is messes up, or the missing or whatever. Its not right. Reloading the tune is your best bet.

it's weird you had them come back with the Smarty. I would confirm you have the latest smarty ME tune (delete tune) loaded on the smarty and flash it to the truck.

·
870 Posts
Thanks, but I am just experimenting with the software to see what it will do... I've had the latest and greatest tune for many years. I am here to tell you the "DPF FULL" message pops up on the odometer, as well as the "Service Required" on the overhead display eventually.

I've been trying to offer a solution to the folks looking for a cheaper option than forking out a pile of cash on a tuner when the truck is already "deleted" Perhaps a few bought it that way, or inherited one.

There are thousands of threads and posts on here and everywhere about it.

·
870 Posts
Update for anyone still messing around with this...

I was scrolling through the body computer for a few and decided to play around my headlights a bit more... Just a bit farther down the menu and I noticed I could play around with the voltage the headlight receives. I opened it up and seen the factory setting was 13.0V, but the option for 13.2V was there as well... Noticeable difference in color and intensity!! This is pretty much the same as adding a relay kit to the 1st and 2nd gens to take the load off of the headlamp switch itself. I only wish it would offer the 13.8V that the alternator should be running.

Anyway, I noticed something about "reverse chime" and "smart feature" while I was scrolling down the menu... Could one, or both be the dreaded "reverse horn honk"?? Anyone with an auto willing to try to disable one, or both to see??

·
870 Posts
There have been a couple updates to the Android software in the last few weeks, and lots more menu options are now available!! I'm pretty sure the PC version has a few new features as well once they've been updated!

I'm not sure of everything that will work with our 3rd gens, but I'm having fun while messing around!!!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
It sounds like you're quickly becoming the AlphaOBD go to guru.

Have you given any thought to making a sticky post for functionality, uses, options and shortcuts to the options?
You know, something like "Ram Truck Idiot's Guide To AlphaOBD " (probably without the "Idiot's" part tho)

Just a thought...

·
870 Posts
It sounds like you're quickly becoming the AlphaOBD go to guru.

Have you given any thought to making a sticky post for functionality, uses, options and shortcuts to the options?
You know, something like "Ram Truck Idiot's Guide To AlphaOBD " (probably without the "Idiot's" part tho)

Just a thought...
I'm not a "guru", nor do I claim to be... I'm just some guy in Wyoming that wants to see what the software is capable of and don't really care if I mess things up on my own truck!! If I see anything negative, I will be the first to let everyone know what NOT to do!!

I haven't really messed around with the engine stuff, other than resetting all of the emissions timers to simulate whatever a "tune re-load" may do. (For the deleted ones of course!)

Pretty much, all I've really messed with is the "body computer"... I'm just playing around a bit with the software to see if I can get rid of crap that dealer flashes added, while enabling things I actually want. Better lighting with stock bulbs is one!!!

My goal is to get rid of the nagging chime for the CCV filter and DPF message that shows up, regardless of what tune, or "other" ways... I hate doing the "peddle dance" every 67,500 miles, and I really hate the DPF FULL message that pops up every 500-750 hours, or so... My ultimate goal is to let the Dodge/RAM body think it has a gasser or 5.9 under the hood!!

I kinda feel bad for the both of OP's for hijacking their threads, but I also hope they're both still around!!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts