Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 RAM 2500 slt BigHorn G56 4x4
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting efi live and I am going to get the obdlink mx+ and alfa obd programming any advice to procedures and stuff to avoid I'm looking to shut off the tire pressure system calibrate the tire size and keep my fogs on with high beam and I wanted add a second key possibly add the remote start if possible

·
White Lightning
12,548 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently got the alphaodb and mx+, I’ve used it to add a new key fob and to lower the tire pressure warning light, it worked great!

One note, if you’re not aware, is that some procedures require a security pin. Apparently dealerships will give this to you but I didn’t want to go down there so I used the Chrysler Pin Puller Android app and it did the trick. Just note that it a) costs $15 per pull and b) the pin only lasts for an hour our something, which means you want to do all you changes at once (link on Ram forum).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently got the alphaodb and mx+, I’ve used it to add a new key fob and to lower the tire pressure warning light, it worked great!

One note, if you’re not aware, is that some procedures require a security pin. Apparently dealerships will give this to you but I didn’t want to go down there so I used the Chrysler Pin Puller Android app and it did the trick. Just note that it a) costs $15 per pull and b) the pin only lasts for an hour our something, which means you want to do all you changes at once (link on Ram forum).
Ok thanks bud I wanna shut off tire light all together cuz I don't have sensors anymore I was told by couple people that you can choose cab chassis and that will shut it off then there is a de activated setting or lower threshold all the way I'm going to look for fully deactivate speedo recalibrated for tires and fogs on with high beams

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
441 Posts
Per @Jimmy07

To disable TPMS:

VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present- NO
VehConfig 3 premium tpm system present- NO
VehConfig 5 non regulated tire pressure information system- NO
VehConfig 7 TPMS configuration- Logic 1 NHTSA Enable Warning

Reactions: Mr K

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Per @Jimmy07

To disable TPMS:

That work for the 10-12 models

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Per @Jimmy07

To disable TPMS:

Do you know the procedure for fogs on with high beam

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to try to make a thread for alfa OBD for the 10-12 trucks so if you know any procedures that work for sure on them please post them here or thread I started

1 - 10 of 10 Posts