Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

501 - 520 of 816 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
10/4, thanks a ton. Let me do some reading
Edit above: that write up I did is specifically for 2017+ rams, and I just noticed your sig says you have a 2014? Let me know if you are going to go through with it, as there are some minor wiring differences for your MY truck.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Edit above: that write up I did is specifically for 2017+ rams, and I just noticed your sig says you have a 2014? Let me know if you are going to go through with it, as there are some minor wiring differences for your MY truck.
Yeah, i'm more than likely going to go through with it. I can always use an extra place to charge a phone or lap top when we travel. I'm gonna swing by the scrap yard that i got the parts from to see if they have the inverter and bracket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was question the alpha obd until I did it! I ordered the recommended OBD reader on amazon downloaded the app and followed youtube directions!! Just adjusting the TPMS threshholds was worth all of the money to do this - I HATED THAT DAMN LIGHT!!!! lol I also added a mopar factory trailer brake to my truck and activated all settings, adjusted lights for led capability. Been an amazing tool for my truck!!! If you are hesitant and your reading this dont be I am so glad I did it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
For those with 2018's, do you remove your security bypass OBD wire harness prior to oil changes or service work at the dealership? I am assuming a yes for service work, but for oil changes is it necessary? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
For those with 2018's, do you remove your security bypass OBD wire harness prior to oil changes or service work at the dealership? I am assuming a yes for service work, but for oil changes is it necessary? Thanks.

You don't have to. If you have a supper picky dealer that may question you then probably should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
43 Posts
So i Just purchased the OBD connector and Alpha OBD today and im pumped to try out.
Is there a way to enable the Factory NAV on the 8.4 uconnect?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
So i Just purchased the OBD connector and Alpha OBD today and im pumped to try out.
Is there a way to enable the Factory NAV on the 8.4 uconnect?
What year? Cannot see signature on phone. If it is a 2018 there is no way to add nav to a 8.4 that did not have it from factory.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What year? Cannot see signature on phone. If it is a 2018 there is no way to add nav to a 8.4 that did not have it from factory.
2017 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman CTD CCSB 4X4, 68RFE

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
i want to change the tire size, but i am really nervous.
i have read the steps over and over, but am still skeptical. over on ram forum, the steps are not clear and concise
can anyone post clear, concise steps
are there any pointers?

does alfa automatically update software? it appears my version is the latest, but i haven't touched it in months.
and does the obdlink mx need to be updated?

thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

i have read the steps over and over, but am still skeptical. over on ram forum, the steps are not clear and concise

are there any pointers?

does alfa automatically update software? it appears my version is the latest, but i haven't touched it in months.

thanks

On ram forum on page 1 if the alphaobd thread look for 1500ram12 ( my user name on rf) and open the Google drive link. I have step by step instructions with pictures. It's never failed me

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
are there any pointers?

thanks
On ram forum on page 1 if the alphaobd thread look for 1500ram12 ( my user name on rf) and open the Google drive link. I have step by step instructions with pictures. It's never failed me

Hopefully this direct link works- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xQvdHVTgRwKQRKSBh1K2rkCqg5dlpSi0

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

thanks. that is what I have been looking at. I guess I will give it a whirl.

last question, front tires measure 33.5", rear tires measure 33.75". this is with them aired up and truck weight on them, placing a level on top and measuring from bottom of level to the ground.

which measurement should I use to convert to circumference and put into alfa?
thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
thanks. that is what I have been looking at. I guess I will give it a whirl.

last question, front tires measure 33.5", rear tires measure 33.75". this is with them aired up and truck weight on them, placing a level on top and measuring from bottom of level to the ground.

which measurement should I use to convert to circumference and put into alfa?

thanks

I'd go with the smallest size first. My 35's measured like 34.5 but to get my speedo right was closer to 33" if I remember.

I used this to get the tire size in millimeters

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not to go off track, but for those of us with 2018 trucks. From what I am reading, to get Alfa OBD to work we need to by another connector?
I'd like to be able to adjust some things, but am unsure as to what I need to get to do it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not to go off track, but for those of us with 2018 trucks. From what I am reading, to get Alfa OBD to work we need to by another connector?

I'd like to be able to adjust some things, but am unsure as to what I need to get to do it.

Thanks

You'll need the bypass cable that @ M2Mods / @deereguy sells

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I'd go with the smallest size first. My 35's measured like 34.5 but to get my speedo right was closer to 33" if I remember.

I used this to get the tire size in millimeters

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

ya my 285/75-18s are listed as 35.1" tall, but on the truck they are listed as above. I have read to use the actual measured height, just wondering which one.

Thanks
yes, you need the security bypass module.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ya my 285/75-18s are listed as 35.1" tall, but on the truck they are listed as above. I have read to use the actual measured height, just wondering which one.

yes, you need the security bypass module.

Like I said start with the smallest size first. It's probably going to take a few tries to get it right. Took me 4 or 5 times to get it and I'm still off by ~1 mph. I am waiting for winter when I put my winter tires on which are 275/65/20 to see where I'm at

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

I'm running 285/75-18s and I just took a real world measurement of what they were on the truck (34 ish if I remember) and it worked perfectly.
I inputted that actual measured height and I am spot on with my displayed mph vs gps mph.

501 - 520 of 816 Posts