Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

481 - 500 of 811 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Has anyone tried using this on a 2019 ram yet
Somewhat. It’ll communicate with the truck with the proper bypass in place. It can command the BCM to perform functions such as lock the doors, sound the horn, etc. It’ll *probably* work for LED settings and tire size changes. As far as adding features that are on the higher trim levels like blind spot or adaptive cruise and stuff like that isn’t going to work. Alfa doesn’t support 2018+ rams yet, so he would have to get his hands on a 1500 5th gen or a 2019 HD (since they both use the same modules and electronics) and add the coding for all the features.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'v got a question, I installed some retrofitted OEM projectors with RGB led switchbacks. Everything works perfect except for when locking and unlocking the truck, the turn signals do not flash although the low beams turn on like they did with my quad lights. I do have a bluetooth controller for the RGB lights that is hooked up to a keyed power source. I'm not sure that could be causing the issue but thought I would mention it.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed because of the different lights?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The only settings I changed was to enable HID headlights. I had a feeling that was the case, just wanted some sort of confirmation. Maybe I'll try switching the power source to see if it changes anything.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I'v got a question, I installed some retrofitted OEM projectors with RGB led switchbacks. Everything works perfect except for when locking and unlocking the truck, the turn signals do not flash although the low beams turn on like they did with my quad lights. I do have a bluetooth controller for the RGB lights that is hooked up to a keyed power source. I'm not sure that could be causing the issue but thought I would mention it.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed because of the different lights?
These are controlled by the custom settings in the radio, so double check them. Headlight illumination on approach and flash lights with lock. This is the behavior no matter what headlights you have: If ONLY headlight illumination on approach is set, when you unlock the doors, only the low beams will illuminate. If headlight illumination on approach AND flash lights with lock are set, when you unlock the doors, the low beams will illuminate and all of the turn signals on the truck will flash twice. When you lock the doors, all of the turn signals will flash once. Same turn signal behavior if only flash lights with is set, just no low beams on unlock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Funny you mention those settings I was just looking at them a couple days ago everything was set correctly. I didn't change any of those settings before or after swapping the headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Funny you mention those settings I was just looking at them a couple days ago everything was set correctly. I didn't change any of those settings before or after swapping the headlights.
But, have you CHECKED them after you made the change with the alfaobd?

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
The only settings I changed was to enable HID headlights. I had a feeling that was the case, just wanted some sort of confirmation. Maybe I'll try switching the power source to see if it changes anything.
Disabling PWM, which is what you did by enabling HID’s didn’t cause this. It’s your wiring/rgb board

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes headlights and alfaobd settings were changed a couple weeks ago. I checked the in-car settings this week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Disabling PWM, which is what you did by enabling HID’s didn’t cause this. It’s your wiring/rgb board
I aware of that now, I was only asking to see if swapping in projectors might change the way the lights worked. I will see if I can mess with the wiring this weekend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok, if those are set (or, at least flash lights), do the tail light turn signals flash when you hit lock or unlock?
Sorry should have been more specific, yes the rest of the lights flash when locking or unlocking.

Nick was right it has to do with the wiring of my RGB controller. Just ran out to mess with the wiring and hooking it up straight to the battery the lights flash when locking and unlocking. With it wired like that the lights stay on permanently.

Final question with this new information, is there power source that powers on when the car is unlocked and stays powered until locked?

·
Registered
606 Posts
so I have been trying to adjust the MAX cruise speed. anyone got the #'s they used?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Question,

Today i added the 8.4 radio and leather steering wheel w/radio controls. I also added the 110v outlet to the center console. Do i need to activate the outlet with alfa OBD? The wiring harness was already behind my stock panel. After i plugged it in i just get a little yellow light on the front of the outlet, it won't power anything up that i plug into it.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Question,

Today i added the 8.4 radio and leather steering wheel w/radio controls. I also added the 110v outlet to the center console. Do i need to activate the outlet with alfa OBD? The wiring harness was already behind my stock panel. After i plugged it in i just get a little yellow light on the front of the outlet, it won't power anything up that i plug into it.
Did you install the inverter under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nope, didn't know what all was involved. Figured i just had to put the outlet in since the plug from the wiring harness was already there. There must be a fuse in the fuse box for it since i get the yellow light on the outlet. Guess i will have to source an inverter.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Nope, didn't know what all was involved. Figured i just had to put the outlet in since the plug from the wiring harness was already there. There must be a fuse in the fuse box for it since i get the yellow light on the outlet. Guess i will have to source an inverter.
In order to use the factory outlet, you’ll have to use the factory inverter, and wire it up as such. In this thread, I did a quick write up on how to do it, including the AlfaOBD settings. https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-2018-general-discussion/2508497-can-i-retrofit-factory-110v-inverter-into-my-tradesman.html

481 - 500 of 811 Posts