- Activated puddle lamps
- Activated mirror turn signals
- Set mirrors to tow mirrors
- Activated global down feature

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
Hopefully a little interesting...

Hey guys! Here are a couple videos using my crappy android phone. It's able to pick up the pulses with it's photo sensor.

Note that PWM being enabled just makes LED's flicker. It doesn't NECESSARILY mean you'll get a bulb out warning or have a circuit shut down, although you 100% CAN have that happen! For example, fogs and reverse lights seem to not generate any warnings. LED License Plate bulbs can. Interesting indeed!

These are with PWM (Pulse With Modulation) active and inactive based upon the settings in AlfaOBD. Enjoy!

PWM with LED Fog Bulbs on 2017 Ram 2500. LED fogs not enabled in body controller:

PWM disabled with LED Fog Bulbs on 2017 Ram 2500. LED fogs enabled in body controller:

PWM with LED Reverse Bulbs on 2017 Ram 2500. LED Reverse not enabled in body controller:

PWM disabled with LED Reverse Bulbs on 2017 Ram 2500. LED Reverse enabled in body controller:

-Guzzler

Footnote: I had been using a set of these to stop the pulses to the Fog Lamps and they worked great. I've since removed them, of course.

·
Registered
702 Posts
^Great videos and thank you for illustrating! I can't wait to get my OBD Link MX and do these changes in the BCM "properly" so I don't have to run resistors/capacitors

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
^Great videos and thank you for illustrating! I can't wait to get my OBD Link MX and do these changes in the BCM "properly" so I don't have to run resistors/capacitors
My pleasure.

-Guzzler

Reactions: Too Tall

·
Registered
367 Posts
Its also available in "program Customer Options"-"tire size". I was not able to get any of the pre programmed sizes to work, but I did the math and plugged in the circumference in MM and it took just fine.
This is the route i took. My tires are 33.86" tall according to Nitto's web site. I did the math and came out with 2565.51 mm. I plugged that into the "program tire size" box and now my speedo doesn't work. I am getting error code u1412. I tried putting it back to the stock size but it won't let me change it.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I don't think it will accept a decimal it has to be a whole number.

Reactions: Show Killer

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
This is the route i took. My tires are 33.86" tall according to Nitto's web site. I did the math and came out with 2565.51 mm. I plugged that into the "program tire size" box and now my speedo doesn't work. I am getting error code u1412. I tried putting it back to the stock size but it won't let me change it.
You may have to connect to the abs module and clear that fault first. Possibly perform abs initialization. Then re-do the tire size with no decimals.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
It doesn't NECESSARILY mean you'll get a bulb out warning or have a circuit shut down, although you 100% CAN have that happen! For example, fogs and reverse lights seem to not generate any warnings. LED License Plate bulbs can. Interesting indeed!
It will depend on the load from the particular LED you are using. Even if you do not get bulb out in the first 10 min of driving it does not mean it will stay reliable. It can take days weeks before the lights start acting goofy. Inserting a .33ohm resistor is enough to make ALL Leds reliable with PWM turned on. A capacitor does a similar thing. A capacitor is actually a reactive load to an AC signal. I however would recommend turning PWM OFF if you are running LEDs. The silicon that make up an LED were not designed to switch on/off that fast. Giving them a clean DC signal should make them last longer.

- Set mirrors to tow mirrors
What does that do?

Seems the need to update that for HID and the speedo calibration

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yep, had to clear the abs faults then do the abs initialization sequence. It didn't take the 1st time I did it. The 2nd time was the kicker. Now to try and get the drl"s to work. I followed the procedure that someone posted above but they still don't work. Thanks for the help

So far I have:
Changed low beam/high beam & fogs to led
Activated dogs on with high beams
Global down
Tire size

·
Registered
367 Posts
I will do that. Another question, I am monitoring my egt's on the graph. Is there a way to change it to f from c? I looked in tools and preferences but didn't see anywhere to change it

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yep, had to clear the abs faults then do the abs initialization sequence. It didn't take the 1st time I did it. The 2nd time was the kicker. Now to try and get the drl"s to work. I followed the procedure that someone posted above but they still don't work. Thanks for the help

So far I have:
Changed low beam/high beam & fogs to led
Activated dogs on with high beams
Global down
Tire size
Dogs? That would be a neat trick
That would be a meat trick.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It will depend on the load from the particular LED you are using. Even if you do not get bulb out in the first 10 min of driving it does not mean it will stay reliable. It can take days weeks before the lights start acting goofy. Inserting a .33ohm resistor is enough to make ALL Leds reliable with PWM turned on. A capacitor does a similar thing. A capacitor is actually a reactive load to an AC signal. I however would recommend turning PWM OFF if you are running LEDs. The silicon that make up an LED were not designed to switch on/off that fast. Giving them a clean DC signal should make them last longer.
I just ordered Mopar LED tails and the Retroshop adapters, but I want to add 7440 white LED bulbs in my reverse lights - the brand I used elsewhere on the truck are all Canbus error free bulbs, but on these reverse bulbs it doesnt specifically say it in the listing, except "polarity free" which historically means they are a Canbus bulb -

It only mentioned in the listing you'd need a resistor if using the bulbs in a turn signal application which makes sense - do you think I'd be ok running these in the LED tails with the Retroshop harness until I get my AlfaOBD running?(waiting on the security harness for my 2018 from DeereGuy)

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
I just ordered Mopar LED tails and the Retroshop adapters, but I want to add 7440 white LED bulbs in my reverse lights - the brand I used elsewhere on the truck are all Canbus error free bulbs, but on these reverse bulbs it doesnt specifically say it in the listing, except "polarity free" which historically means they are a Canbus bulb -

It only mentioned in the listing you'd need a resistor if using the bulbs in a turn signal application which makes sense - do you think I'd be ok running these in the LED tails with the Retroshop harness until I get my AlfaOBD running?(waiting on the security harness for my 2018 from DeereGuy)
I went with these in the beginning of 2017 (going on 2 years) and they've been great. They're not available anymore but I'm providing a link so you can see the pictures anyway. They never threw an error but they'll react to PWM as displayed in the video in my post prior in this thread.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/2490261-alfa-obd-success-2.html#post28864747

Link to bulbs: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DGC885C

I hope this helps.

-Guzzler

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
How can I set the comfort setting steering wheel heater and heat on seats to turn on higher than the factory 40F?
Not possible.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Was able to get the Longhorn logo, power wagon, logos, couldn’t get Laramie limited or Laramie logo yet.

Tried enabling DRLs in turn signals, but they don’t seem any brighter yet, though I have the DRL menu in the Uconnect screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 816 Posts