Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an 06 3500 the other day and all i got was a key. must have been the spare but bottom line is just a key, no remote. sometimes if i open the door after driving and i leave the truck running the alarm will go off... i called a dodge dealer and they said its normal its a safety thing but thats got to be a crock of SH1T

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Never heard of such. I have a alarm that goes off if you're in reverse with the door open, SCARED the crap outa me the first time it happened.

Do you have an owners manual? You should have 3 buttons on your key, the newer ones don't come with a seperate "pod" for alarm/door locks, etc.

· Registered
122 Posts
raise hell with them... if you have pwr windows and locks you should have 2 keys with lock control switches and a panic button... They key deal is crap...

· Registered
1,068 Posts
i bought an 06 3500 the other day and all i got was a key. must have been the spare but bottom line is just a key, no remote. sometimes if i open the door after driving and i leave the truck running the alarm will go off... i called a dodge dealer and they said its normal its a safety thing but thats got to be a crock of SH1T
It's true.....if your backing up to hook up to something and open the d.door, the horn will go off. I thought mine was jacked up too until I read it on a forum......sounds like it was programmed (06-up) any time the truck is running and the d.door is opened the horn will sound...to remind you your truck is still running-shut it off..

Basicly I was told that an idiot was backing up and stopped but didn't set e-brake never mind put it in park, and got out and went to the back of the truck, the truck started backing up, ran over the person. Then got a lawyer and sued, awarded a ton of $$$$$ for being stupid. It happened to several ppl......so now we have to back up to trailers with doors closed.

I was so used to getting close to trailer, getting out to check how close (within a ft. or so) then using something on the ground to judge off from (with door open). You got the idea...I grew up on a farm and that's what I saw others do when I was younger and it just stuck.

Oh, I always slipped into N and set e-brake to do my checking.

So now ya know......

· Registered
1,030 Posts
MP, his truck is stopped when this alarm is going off. I just mentioned that to see if it was the same "tone".

Jason, i don't think there are ANY keys available for the newer rigs w/o these three buttons. I looked and looked when i first got mine.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
As long as mine is in R and I open the door, alarm goes off moving or not. I'm guessing that for '06 n up, it was changed to as long as the motor is running and door was opened, the alarm would too. Just guessing.......

· Registered
1,068 Posts
MP, his truck is stopped when this alarm is going off. I just mentioned that to see if it was the same "tone".

Jason, i don't think there are ANY keys available for the newer rigs w/o these three buttons. I looked and looked when i first got mine.
Nice avitar........friend??

· Registered
1,030 Posts
As long as mine is in R and I open the door, alarm goes off moving or not. I'm guessing that for '06 n up, it was changed to as long as the motor is running and door was opened, the alarm would too. Just guessing.......
My '06 just "honks" in Reverse.

Yes, she's my BEST friend :D

Thanks for the compliment!

· Registered
122 Posts
she got a sister...? hahahah

· Registered
1,068 Posts
My '06 just "honks" in Reverse.

Yes, she's my BEST friend :D

Thanks for the compliment!
No disrepect intend on your bookkeeper (??)

On my truck the horn is the stock alarm, my choice of words sometimes........

· Registered
254 Posts
Is there a way to over ride the reverse thing? I back up to a lot of trailers and hate haveing to close the door to back up that extra inch, ya know. Can the dealer program it out of the truck if you sign a waver?

Sorry I should have started a new topic for that...

Like already stated you should have some type of a key fob. 06+ have the buttons on the key itself and previous years have a seperate fob

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Is there a way to over ride the reverse thing? I back up to a lot of trailers and hate haveing to close the door to back up that extra inch, ya know. Can the dealer program it out of the truck if you sign a waver?

Sorry I should have started a new topic for that...

Like already stated you should have some type of a key fob. 06+ have the buttons on the key itself and previous years have a seperate fob
I was told that once it's programmed, it's there and can't be removed. I wanted it off also, I hate it....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.