Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for input on a good, all around alarm system. I don't want to spend an outrageous amount.

One question I did have is with an aftermarket alarm system, can you still use the turbo timer on the Edge?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've got a Viper 5901 2-way alarm remote start, and it is sweet. It communicates with the truck so you can tell if it started and it pages you if someone breaks in. It's got a wait to start timer so my Edge can clear codes. You can still use your Edge turbo timer also.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a Viper 5901 2-way alarm remote start, and it is sweet. It communicates with the truck so you can tell if it started and it pages you if someone breaks in. It's got a wait to start timer so my Edge can clear codes. You can still use your Edge turbo timer also.
Cool - thanks!

Is the 'wait to start' timer something like 10-15 seconds?

·
Registered
849 Posts
You can program it to however long you want. I've got mine set to 11 seconds. It gives the Edge just enough time to clear codes.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have the compustar pro, which has the same features as the viper, and also has a turbo timer, kind of useless if you have the edge, but none the less it has one.. one feature that it has, is the tap thing on the windshield, you can tap a code in, like moris code, and it will unlock your doors, as long as you get the right tap sequence you program. Check out compustar website, and go to compustar pro under products, it wil give you all the details you need

·
Registered
179 Posts
were there any problems installing these or were they plug and play?
Thanks Robert

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
installing a starter alarm on the 6.7 is a PITA i recomend you bring it to an installer

·
Registered
849 Posts
It is a huge PITA to install one of these on a 6.7 as Mattiac has said above due to the canbus and having to bypass alot of crap. It's not as easy as an older vehicle.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do either of you have a wiring/suggestion/ location sheet? I have recently got a Clifford 50.7x, called DEI to try and get one, but they were cocky d*cks.

I need some help.

Thanks..... Rhyno

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do either of you have a wiring/suggestion/ location sheet? I have recently got a Clifford 50.7x, called DEI to try and get one, but they were cocky d*cks.

I need some help.

Thanks..... Rhyno
Anybody?....Anybody?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
no man.. sorry

·
Regen? What's That??
1,058 Posts
Reactions: Rhyno

·