Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you need the Asin? Are you towing heavy all the time? Did your other thread not answer this question already..
I have no issues being right up front. I did not need the 3500, but I did was the AISIN. I drive my trucks in the ground, I do not purchase every few years.

From all the homework I have done over the past year on the Aisin, it is an absolute brute. Especially if you do not plan on throwing more HP through it.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
If you want it, get it. Either will be fine for you. The 68 has longer service intervals I belive but you seem to be determined the aisin is better so buy it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
There is really nothing wrong with the 68. I had it three years and not one problem. Other have had it years on end towing daily and not an issue. The Aisin is a tougher trans and u should get it if u feel you need it or simply want it. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 68 imo. Tons of after market parts and tuning are perfect examples of reasons one would actually prefer the 68

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
there's good and bad to both if I was hauling heavy all the time and didnt plan to tune yeah I'd go aisin but keep in mind price tag of aisin plus 3500 no trans tuning available and doesn't like any added power for those reasons I went 2500

·
Registered
59 Posts
HTML:
there's good and bad to both if I was hauling heavy all the time and didnt plan to tune yeah I'd go aisin but keep in mind price tag of aisin plus 3500 no trans tuning available and doesn't like any added power for those reasons I went 2500

This.
If you don’t like how the truck runs, your pretty much stuck because the Aisin can’t be tuned. I live at high altitude and the dead pedal and slowness drives me nuts but there is not much I can seem to do about it. Tried with a emissions in tact tune from calibrated power and it only made more top end power and nothing to improve response and low end. In fact it towed worse in the lower rpm range so I removed it and now have an expensive paperweight.

Drove a 19 Aisin and although the 3.73’s help, I am not convinced that it is enough of an improvement for me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love my Aisin tranny. It's overkill for what I need a truck to do but so be it. It shifts like a modified Torqueflite with a high-stall converter. Sweet! :grin2:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a 2500 for about 10k miles before trading it off on a 3500 with aisin. 68 shifts nicer while not towing, 2500 was 2.5 m/gal easier on fuel , and probably would have done me just as good as a job as the aisin. I had the money to spend on the upgrade so I did. Would I I do it again, probably, but the added cost and fuel consumption when empty would be something for me to consider. Reason for the trade was a front end issue that FCA refused to acknowledge and nothing to do with trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
HTML:

This.
If you don’t like how the truck runs, your pretty much stuck because the Aisin can’t be tuned. I live at high altitude and the dead pedal and slowness drives me nuts but there is not much I can seem to do about it. Tried with a emissions in tact tune from calibrated power and it only made more top end power and nothing to improve response and low end. In fact it towed worse in the lower rpm range so I removed it and now have an expensive paperweight.

Drove a 19 Aisin and although the 3.73’s help, I am not convinced that it is enough of an improvement for me.
I have the Aisin and I am tuned. I also added the throttle sensitivity booster and the Aisin has been awesome. I run the 100 hp tune empty and 50 hp tune when towing and no issues in 5 years. Shifting is great. Glad the C&C come with the Aisin. The throttle sensitivity booster really gets rid of the dead pedal. Very touchy now. The TSB and EFI live really work well together.

Reactions: gatorguy

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like my 19 with Aisin but Hate the lack of response from a dead stop!! I won’t go back to the 68 rfe either.
Make sure you drive a 19 before you buy one and pay close attention to how it responds when you get on it and need to go from a stop, it’s terrible. At this point I honestly can’t say I’d buy the truck again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a 2019 3500 with the aisin. Love it. This is my 3rd one with the aisin. 2015 had 3.73 and aisin and 2018 had 4.10 and aisin. This new 2019 has the HO (1000ft lb) with the 3.73. All duallys and all 4wd. I tow almost daily and sometimes upwards of 20k lbs. All have been deleted with 50/100 horse tunes and never had an issue; or major issue. I have had to have them flashed to relearn because of some ty shift points that got stuck, but other than that, they have been great. If you want it, get it, you won’t regret it. But if you feel like you don’t need that much truck, get the 2500 and spring for the aisin or the 68.

As mentioned, the aisin doesn’t like a lot of added power, but if you drive it smart and treat it right, it will last you a long time. I probably won’t delete this 2019... the dealership I deal with really busted my balls about the delete. Had to put it all back to stock (I know I should have anyways) but they never jack with me on it. This time though, they made it clear that they are getting hammered and don’t want to deal with it...

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a 2500 for about 10k miles before trading it off on a 3500 with aisin. 68 shifts nicer while not towing, 2500 was 2.5 m/gal easier on fuel , and probably would have done me just as good as a job as the aisin. I had the money to spend on the upgrade so I did. Would I I do it again, probably, but the added cost and fuel consumption when empty would be something for me to consider. Reason for the trade was a front end issue that FCA refused to acknowledge and nothing to do with trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year 2500 & what was the issue?

thx

1 - 20 of 40 Posts