Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the odd time where i would be on the throttle boosting then let off quick then id come to a stop and my truck would shut off due to airlocking. I have to bleed the injectors to start the truck again. I have a fass 150. Industrial hot rod vp44 and ddp 200s. Anyone know as to why i would be airlocking ? Not sure how else to explain. Any ideas as to what i can do to stop this or why thos would be happening? I also have the edge juice with attitude competition cts2.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
that is just a result of jamming the throttle shut. the VP doesnt handle this well...

it is very well documented, you can quickly roll out of the throttle, but in most all cases, if an immediate throttle off position occurs, it sucks the vp dry.

just how it is.

·
Registered
14,830 Posts
With the amount of fueling you have you cant slam the throttle shut because you're purging the injection pump. Just learn to come off the throttle easier. And...its much better for the driveline to do so too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You can get it to crank again, without bleeding.
By just cranking it over multiple times.
It will purge itself.
Granted best bet...dont do it in the first place.
But you dont have to bust the lines loose and bleed the injectors.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can get it to crank again, without bleeding.
By just cranking it over multiple times.
It will purge itself.
Granted best bet...dont do it in the first place.
But you dont have to bust the lines loose and bleed the injectors.
This^
Roll off throttle slower and if it does happen bump the starter once or twice then crank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts