Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

AirDogII 150 Install Questions

985 Views 19 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Alabama Mud Machine
Well, I want an ADII 150...but am curious as to how long it will take to install? And if anyone has any pics from the install? And also, what is the main difference between the regular AD 150 and ADII 150?

Sorry, I'd prefer pics, I'm not dumb, but pics always make things alot easier to explain, so it saves me some face, and yall some typing...LOL

Thanks,

AMM
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Well, I want an ADII 150...but am curious as to how long it will take to install? And if anyone has any pics from the install? And also, what is the main difference between the regular AD 150 and ADII 150?

Sorry, I'd prefer pics, I'm not dumb, but pics always make things alot easier to explain, so it saves me some face, and yall some typing...LOL

Thanks,

AMM
How about I send you the full color step by step instruction booklet through email bro? Cant get no easier than that :lol4:

James
RSD

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about I send you the full color step by step instruction booklet through email bro? Cant get no easier than that :lol4:

James
RSD
Sounds like a plan dude! :thumbsup:

Hey.....you ain't not be sayin I dumb now is you???

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And yes, for those who might be borderline clinically "special", I used improper grammer on purpose.

LOL

· Registered
532 Posts
if it is the ad2 with the module updgade... I omly had one problem. My factory module had honeycomb type stuff on it. But the 5.9 has a flat top. So it made it impossible to put the bulkhead fitting through the factory module.

so i picked were i was going to put the pick up and cut the honeycomb off. Then sanded it flat. Then you have a good area to drill and mount the new fitting.
I hope that was clear:confused013:

later
adam

G

·

Thanks,

AMM

James
RSD
Sounds like a plan dude! :thumbsup:

Hey.....you ain't not be sayin I dumb now is you???

And yes, for those who might be borderline clinically "special", I used improper grammer on purpose.

LOL
You hammer head. . .there must be 20 threads about installing a AD :hehe: :hehe:

I have to tell you, I have seen these elaborate systems of running pick and return down the stock pump barrell. People are doing that to prevent cutting their suction tube too short.

I ran into a problem with mine and I found an easy fix. My suction tube had a pin hole in it about half way up. I stood there wondering what to do since I had the tank out in the driveway and a rain forcast the next day. So! I riffled through my vast inventory of odd ball shtuff and found a 1/2 X 1/2 Hose barb and a piece of polyethelene tubing left over from something else. I got it at a plumbing supply store. (That's the milky white semi stiff tubing) Quick look on the internet and found the material was suitable for oil. I cut the suction tube, and heated it with a heat gun. Pushed one side of the barb on. Then put about a 6" piece of tube on the other end. It was enough to lay on the bottom of the tank and back towards the stock canister. It ended up right next to the canister. this way the tube will flex up and down with the bottom of the tank. Done and saved the day.

I leveled the tank, to see if it would be covered properly. I later found out I only had 2 gallons in the tank when I filled it. Ran all the way up the hill to the nearest fuel stop no problem, where I put 33.5 gallons.

How long? Depends on your tools and how much you fool around. It took me about 5 hours, but I'm old and was working by myself.

Consider cutting in one of those Catipilar Fuel Filters on the preasure side when you get the AD done. the combination will exceed all the cummins specs. At the price of injectors. . . . .

End of lessons :hehe:

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, Mr. KnowItAll...

Why don't you drive your wrinkly butt down here and help me???

I'll buy the beer! LOL

If I ever get the money, I'll be puttin one in...Then I'm sure I'll be on the horn with ya, sayin..."What's this thing for?" and "What's those extra little pieces for that are layin on the ground over there?"

LOL

G

·
Well, Mr. KnowItAll...

Why don't you drive your wrinkly butt down here and help me???

I'll buy the beer! LOL

If I ever get the money, I'll be puttin one in...Then I'm sure I'll be on the horn with ya, sayin..."What's this thing for?" and "What's those extra little pieces for that are layin on the ground over there?"

LOL
As long as you don't call me and tell me the fuel tank is dragging. . . :hehe:

They are one of the better investments, changing filters is a snap now

Oh yeah PPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nicely said...LOL

I don't think we'll have to worry about the fuel-tank dragging. Have you seen my truck? I believe the lines would break before dragging would happen...LOL

G

·
Agreed

Best thing is to do what I suggested by adding that second filter. The AD filters are small and are not to Cummins spec. But the Catipilar Filter is a "Cheap" adder and beats the cummins spec. It's much larger and will last a very long time because the AD will prefilter. The AD filters are like 25 Bucks each and these are 15.

I bought the mounting bracket from NAPA for 15 dollars, Couple of hose barbs and clamps and that's it. I just drilled and tapped the frame to mount it.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed

Best thing is to do what I suggested by adding that second filter. The AD filters are small and are not to Cummins spec. But the Catipilar Filter is a "Cheap" adder and beats the cummins spec. It's much larger and will last a very long time because the AD will prefilter. The AD filters are like 25 Bucks each and these are 15.

I bought the mounting bracket from NAPA for 15 dollars, Couple of hose barbs and clamps and that's it. I just drilled and tapped the frame to mount it.
show some pics, and give some specs, and we could call it "Steve's fuel-sucker" or something like that. And your slogan can be "Our's sucks more than the rest"... :headbang:

What do you think?

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's actually not my idea. There is a thread RBMchief started several months ago about it
I'm just messin with ya...

You talkin about RBMedic?

He's a really cool guy. Been talkin with him alot about creating some budget-build stuff...and helping him test some of it.

Been trying to help brainstorm some stuff to do...If you think of anything holler at him.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:worthless:

Does the cat filter have much restriction? Where could a guy get one at?
At your local CAT shop, in the parts dept.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't find my point and click so I'll have to use the Nikon. I'll see what I can do for pics today
Nikon = Nice camera bud!

I wish my "point & click" was better quality...I'll get a new one sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.